Just Back from Brilliance to Venice. . . Any Questions?

We just returned from our trip to Venice on the Brilliance. I would like to thank everyone who helped us plan our trip of a lifetime! You all were so willing to answer all of my questions, even the stupid ones!

If any of you have questions I can answer, let me know. I will try to get a more complete review done, but who knows when.

The best part of the trip was meeting all of the wonderful people who we met on these boards! You guys are the greatest and we had great fun with all of you!

Donna

Thanks for offering your help. We are on the Aug 18 BOS Venice itinerary and I have a couple of questions about Corfu from members of our meet and mingle...we have been waiting for someone to come back so we could ask!

1. Where does the Brilliance dock in relation to the center of Corfutown?

2. Where are the best beaches and are they near where we dock?

3. Do you know if there are scooters available for rent at the port? I have tried to contact someone to rent them beforehand, but they've never gotten back to me.

Thanks for your help...I am sure we'll have more questions soon!

The ship docked in the port area which was further from the old town than the new fort that guards the city. The ship offered shuttle busses to old town for a cost of $4.00 each way. We decided to go to the beach instead.

We caught a taxi after planning to walk to the bus station. The first taxi driver just outside the port building said it would be $80E for a trip to Glyfada beach. The second one that we asked outside in the taxi line said it would be $50E. We were headed to the bus and the last taxi driver asked us where we were going and he offered to take us for $30E so we got in. It took about 25-30 minutes and he dropped us off at a very nice beach. We rented 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella for $8E. There were snack bars and everything was very nice. An addditional bonus is that the taxi driver asked us how long we wanted to stay. We told him 3 hours and he was there to pick us up and return us to the ship! He was wonderful!

Donna

Funny you should post this - I just booked a cruise on the Brilliance for next July, where we spend 2 days in Venice - a 12 day cruise. Is that the one you were on?

Where did the ship dock in Venice? Was it walking distance from the attractions?

Thanks, Matrose

Yes, this is the trip we just returned from. It was wonderful!

The ship docks in the port area to the west of Venice. Upon entering Venice, the ship goes past the entrance to the Grand Canal and heads around the islands and docks at the port. The ship offers water transfers to San Marcos square. The cost is $10 per round trip and the boats are available about every 10-15 minutes. The ride takes about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Donna

Archived