NCL Website showing "Excuse Us"

Us2inFL

Just to add to the frustration, it happens to me, too, and I'm about as far from Virginia as you can get. Running Firefox with everything up to date.

What I did figure out though was that if while those three little pages are flying in on the home pate I click real quickly on one of the sub-menus (Ships, Shore Excursions, Destinations, etc) it will re-direct to that page with no problems. You have to be quick, though.

Pete

Just to add to the frustration, it happens to me, too, and I'm about as far from Virginia as you can get. Running Firefox with everything up to date.

What I did figure out though was that if while those three little pages are flying in on the home pate I click real quickly on one of the sub-menus (Ships, Shore Excursions, Destinations, etc) it will re-direct to that page with no problems. You have to be quick, though.

Pete

Hmmm, that makes it sound like a problem with Flash. Do you have the latest version loaded?:confused:

Hmmm, that makes it sound like a problem with Flash. Do you have the latest version loaded?:confused:

I agree that it sounds like Flash. As a test, I went to Adobe's web site and loaded (or reloaded) version 9.0.45.0 (4/12/07) and tried again. Same results with Firefox (latest version). Tried IE7 and it went to the "Excuse Us" page before the first fly-in so no chance to click on something else.

So, if you want to go straight to the site map, skipping the opening, here is the link:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=SiteMap

Just to add something weird, using that method I tried navigating other sections. Things were going fine until I clicked on the "Search for a Cruise" page. About two seconds after coming up, it went to the "Excuse Us" page. :confused:

All in all, it seems like a strange way to run a cruise line (or any business) on the web.

Pete

Pete

Just to add something weird, using that method I tried navigating other sections. Things were going fine until I clicked on the "Search for a Cruise" page. About two seconds after coming up, it went to the "Excuse Us" page. :confused:

All in all, it seems like a strange way to run a cruise line (or any business) on the web.

Pete

Pete

Not sure of the linkage but the Search for a Crusie is also on the splash/home page. This problem started when they added the beta code that had been "tested" :confused: . The primary elements in the Beta code were the enhanced Search and pricing capability. I would be looking at the NCL code for Root Cause. :eek:

Tom, have you had any luck logging on to ncl? I tried when i got home, still getting the excuse me page. I was however, able to log on from work, so the idea that it is a northeast thing doesn't seem to make sense. Also, my internet provider at home is the same as work.

I am able to get a different page logging on through Mozilla, but it all eventually leads to the 'excuse me' page. (and now, I have Steve Martin running through my head!:D )

Short answer, NO!

The funny thing is that yesterday afternoon when I got home, went to NCL.com, and I got to the Home page. On my second click, not sure where, as I was testing it out, boom - Excuse Me. I'm pretty annoyed right now, as they have not gotten back to me after telling me it would be fixed on Friday. I've sent off a couple of emails, two to a tech support guy who has ignored me, and one to an adm guy.

I'm calling them 1st thing in the morning, and hope I can talk to the tech. guy.

Tom

Tom, can you share an email address - I want to send an email. This is extremely frustrating.:(

Cheryl

Frrivera@ncl.com

He gave the address when he was still diagnosing the problem, and wanted me to send him a "snapshot" of the "Excuse Us" page. I was unable to get my system to take one, but he stayed with me and about 20 min. later was able to determine through others in the department, that there was a problem. I've sent two emails, will send another tonight, and call their 1-800 # tomorrow, and ask for Tech. Support and/or Mr. (Frank?) Rivera. Thus far not response from him, so hopefully the address is correct and he's just ignoring me!!

I'm not happy either!! I wish they would at least acknowledge me.

I agree that it sounds like Flash. As a test, I went to Adobe's web site and loaded (or reloaded) version 9.0.45.0 (4/12/07) and tried again. Same results with Firefox (latest version). Tried IE7 and it went to the "Excuse Us" page before the first fly-in so no chance to click on something else.

So, if you want to go straight to the site map, skipping the opening, here is the link:

Pete

Pete

Pete, thanks for that link - it worked - until I clicked on Advance Search. But I was able to get us registered; I will double check at work tomorrow to be sure it worked properly.

Cheryl

Pete, thanks for that link - it worked - until I clicked on Advance Search. But I was able to get us registered; I will double check at work tomorrow to be sure it worked properly.

Cheryl

I'm glad it helped. I am using it to look up the excursions.

Pete

Thanks, Tom. I just sent an email. I will let you know if I hear from him (or at least get a read receipt)

Cheryl

I just received an email confirming that Mr. Rivera has received his email from me. I will give him some time to respond before calling later in the day, as I'm headed out for awhile.

Tom

I kept getting the same page so I disabled my norton security and got right in

I'm currently on hold with NCL, 10 min. so far, but just tried disabling Norton for the heck of it, and that did not change anything.

With thanks to "odbint", I have been able to navigate through NCL's website, using the following sitemap page:

From there I have called their Automation Support group (contact info below) and had a lengthy discussion with a lovely (young?) lady who was generally familiar with the problem, but was unable to get me an up to the minute status. She had asked me to send her a copy of the Print Screen for the Excuse Us page, but I had been unable to do that last week, neither through Mozilla or IE7. After providing her with a lengthy background on my view of the problem, CruiseCritic.com interest, etc., she said her department is still gathering information pertinent to problem resolution. She feels it may be helpful if one or more of our CC members with technical expertise with browsers contacted the number shown below, to help them zero in on where, how and when this problem occurs. I told her I was confident we had some here, and would hope that someone who can actually forward a copy of this screen using your "Prt Scrn" button would call in to do that, and report it here so as not to bombard them with calls for the same reason. Mine just doesn't work! I did inform her of the Sitemap address that allows me in, as well as the CC.com address for this thread so they can see what all of you have been trying and suggesting. Again, anyone who feels they have the technical expertise to speak their language should also call in, and also advise us accordingly.

The rep indicated they are getting some calls, so it must not be widespread, and mentioned there are some Travel Agents who are also experiencing this problem. She indicated she would provide me with an occasional update, and I specifically requested one no later than close of business on Friday.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/contactUs.html

External Systems Support (Automation Support)

Phone

Email

ncladmin@ncl.com

Mailing Address

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

Hours of Operation

Mon-Fri: 9am - 8pm EST

Sat, Sun: 9am - 5pm EST

I have SnagIt (a screen capture program), but unfortunately (or fortunately - depending on how you look at it:D ) I have not been able to replicate the problem. The Website works flawlessly for me (shrug of shoulders - nothing I'm doing special - I'm sure!). I went on the site a few minutes ago and updated my registrations, checked out a few shore excursions and generally navigated around - just couldn't make any errors come up. I'll keep trying.:confused:

LateCruiser:

I just loaded a 30 day trial version of Snagit, seemed to work like a charm, at least visually, and I copied it to a document, and sent it off to NCL Admin. I'll post if I hear anything, but will be away tomorrow am until early afternoon.

Thanks for the tip!!

I'm currently on hold with NCL, 10 min. so far, but just tried disabling Norton for the heck of it, and that did not change anything.

Tom,

Just to add to the knowledge bank here (checking frustration level)...

You gave me an idea, so I disabled my Norton Firewall only and was able to get in with no problems. The cards in the intro came up and I even let them go through the process again. I logged in and was able to navigate the site. From within the site I was even able to press the "Search for Cruise" button and bring up this screen with no problem:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10166210

I then went to another area of the web site, enabled Norton Firewall, and hit the "Search for Cruise" button again and got the dreaded "Excuse us" screen.

I then disabled Norton Firewall, navigated around to the "Search for Cruise" screen (above) and enabled Norton Firewall while the screen was up. No problem until I hit the "View Your Results" button. The results screen popped up and then (guess what) went to the "Excuse us" screen.

So, did you try just disabling only your firewall? That seems to be what works for me however (as the saying goes), your mileage may vary.

Do you want to copy this post and send to tech support? You seem to have developed a "relationship" with them. ;)

Later - Pete

Tom,

You gave me an idea, so I disabled my Norton Firewall only and was able to get in with no problems. The cards in the intro came up and I even let them go through the process again. I logged in and was able to navigate the site. From within the site I was even able to press the "Search for Cruise" button and bring up this screen with no problem:

I then went to another area of the web site, enabled Norton Firewall, and hit the "Search for Cruise" button again and got the dreaded "Excuse us" screen.

I then disabled Norton Firewall, navigated around to the "Search for Cruise" screen (above) and enabled Norton Firewall while the screen was up. No problem until I hit the "View Your Results" button. The results screen popped up and then (guess what) went to the "Excuse us" screen.

So, did you try just disabling only your firewall? That seems to be what works for me however (as the saying goes), your mileage may vary.

Do you want to copy this post and send to tech support? You seem to have developed a "relationship" with them. ;)

Later - Pete

Pete:

When I disabled Norton before, I was on hold with NCL, and as they say, "haste makes waste", and I disabled only the Antivirus feature. I just went back and disabled the Antivirus and the Norton Internet Security feature and guess what? It worked! I didn't play around other than doing a search, which worked fine, and then turned the features back on, hit advanced search, and you know what happened - Fish and Excuse Me.

I will cut and paste this message, and send it off to NCL. I'll be back on mid afternoon tomorrow.

Thanks for sticking this out!

Tom

Tom,

(As the subject says) And another thing.

I had an idea (fortunately before I shut down my computer - this is usually what happens right after I hit the shutdown button :o ) and tried it with IE7. Same results.

My previous tests had been on Firefox 2.0.0.3.

You might want to toss this into the mix. Right now I'd say the heavy betting is on Norton Firewall (I have 2006 version).

Are there any folks out there running a different firewall getting different results? :confused:

Pete

Tom,

(As the subject says) And another thing.

I had an idea (fortunately before I shut down my computer - this is usually what happens right after I hit the shutdown button :o ) and tried it with IE7. Same results.

My previous tests had been on Firefox 2.0.0.3.

You might want to toss this into the mix. Right now I'd say the heavy betting is on Norton Firewall (I have 2006 version).

Are there any folks out there running a different firewall getting different results? :confused:

Pete

Pete & Tom,

I hesitate to put my exact hardware/network configuration up on a public forum (I think you will understand why;) ), but with my setup I'm not using Norton Firewall and everything is working fine (well, at least as far as getting everywhere on the NCL site:D ). Sounds like you may be on to something.

Gus

Well, I just tried turning off my firewall and . . . . still no luck. But, I am wondering (and not being a techie, please forgive me), if we all had Norton running before the problem started, and nothing changed with Norton, why would it be Norton affecting it now?

Cheryl

Tom,

Later - Pete

I think I said this in not so many words. Glad I could help

I think I said this in not so many words. Glad I could help

I didn't remember seeing your post, but, believe me, all help is appreciated.

Tom,

If you are in contact with the tech support guys, I remembered that my wife's computer has a different firewall (Zone Alarm) and it tried it. No problems with either Firefox or IE7 on the website.

It's looking more and more like Norton.

Pete

I've read all the comments and have still found the problem exists on IE7 and Mozilla. Even if you were to disable you main firewall and use Windows firewall. The problem still exists. I've cleared cookies, etc. and it doesn't matter.

Archived