Ketchikan Question

vfb2girls

When we come off the ship are there any types of transportation available for us to go and see the totem poles and the saxman village? We have a crabbing excursion through our ship at 3:15 and our ship is in port from 11:00am to 8:00pm so we were not able to book a guided tour of either one of these place being that we have to be back at the ship for our excusion. How long does it take to reach the totem poles from the dock? Will we have enough time to do the totem poles justice? Or would we be better off just wondering the streets of Ketchikan and do some shopping? By the way shopping is not my favorite pastime. Thanks for the suggestions.

When you get off the ship there is a small building right on the pier with all sorts of local travel tours. You can stop by and see whats available. I took a duck tour the last time I was there. It was an interesting tour. Then we walked around town. Be sure to see Creek Street and the fish ladders.

Yes, it's easy - just go to the building on the dock as mentioned - there are several vendors there. We got one to Saxman that dropped us back off at Creek Street, we walked through there then back to the dock area. It probably took 2.5 hours or so - you can make it!

Archived