Mobility issues

coachj5452

My wife and I are sailing on the Legend in July. She has some mobility issues. She can walk okay most of the time, but we will bring her wheelchair along for longer walks. She should be able to walk on and off the tenders okay. Can anybody recommend shore excursions that would not be too strenous for her in the Caymans, Cozumel, Belise and Costa Maya. She is not much of a swimmer either. Thank you in advance for any help.

Jim

I don't know enough about the excursions to help, but I would suggest also asking this question in the Disabilities board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I'm sure a bunch of people there would have great suggestions for less strenuous excursions... and you may want to call and see if you can "rent" a wheelchair while you're on the ship.

There are bus tours of the island available in most ports. If she can get up the bus stairs okay, these may be good. There will generally be several stops where people will get out and walk around a little bit, but generally a lot of walking is not required.

My wife and I are sailing on the Legend in July. She has some mobility issues. She can walk okay most of the time, but we will bring her wheelchair along for longer walks. She should be able to walk on and off the tenders okay. Can anybody recommend shore excursions that would not be too strenous for her in the Caymans, Cozumel, Belise and Costa Maya. She is not much of a swimmer either. Thank you in advance for any help.

Jim

Hi Jim!

I spent two months in a wheelchair last summer and feel for your wife. If she is fluffy like me she will want her own chair and not the ones on the ship. The newer ship are much more friendly than the older ones. I like the beach so, I'm not sure what to recommened for shore excusions other than sightseeing tours. If I was still in a chair, or not, I wouldn't bother getting off the ship in CG. I only get off there for the stingray tour.

If you look at the tours on Carnivals web site, they list the activity levels.

I would also go to Carnival shore excursions. They are rated on a system of difficulty. It is easy to figure. One person walking is easy 4 persons walkng is difficult...

Archived