***dress code on oceana***

tonygold

as much as i don't mind dressing up - how compulsory is it. is it acceptable on a formal night to wear a dinner suit and shirt without the tie?? will you be barred from areas in such a case or for wearing a lounge suit and open necked shirt on nights when jackets are required.

as you can gather, i hate ties but don't mind looking smart without one??

many thanks

Oceana Formal nights are as adhered to as on all the other P&O ships. Evening suits and bow ties were the favoured attire of a good 90% of the men, the others wearing dark lounge suits and appropriate ties.

IzzyR

We have done 2 Oceana cruises and on both of them I would agree with the previous poster that 90% of the men were in dinner jackets and ties on formal nights.

One of our cruises was a short 3 night cruise and there were more children than on the 2 week cruise we had done previously. It was lovely to see many of the teenage boys in tuxedos and all the girls in fancy dresses. There was one family whose sons were in more casual clothing on formal night (school grey trousers, open neck shirts, no tie or jacket) and they really looked out of place.

I think that you can really wear what you want, but would say you will stand out from the crowd if you do not wear a suite and tie on a formal night.

I have noticed that on P&O more people are dressing down even on formal nights maybe a sign of things to come. I am all for looking smart but when it's 80 + outside and your in the middle of the med walking around in a tux. mmmmmmmmmmmm makes u think.

Archived