Mercury to Alaska-Anyone Just Back?

poma

Hi Lorrie...

We just got home from Alaska early yesterday morning. It was the best cruise we have ever taken! I was ready to hop on board and go again. The weather was perfect, the Mercury is beautiful, the staff is very friendly, and the scenery is magnificent! We saw many whales, the northern lights, and a meteor shower. What more could anyone ask for? It was great to sit on deck 12 with a book and read and enjoy the scenery. The sun was hot and I even got a little tan! Hope you have a wonderful time. Also, try the flavored martinis--they're delicious!

Anne

My husband and I just got back Friday late; had a great time and great weather. My only regret was the shortened port times; I could have spent a little more time in Ketchikan. We tendered in which made us get to shore at about 9:45 for the lumberjack show at which time it already started at 9:30 so we sat down around 9:50 missing the first twenty minutes. The last tender left at 2:15, so you can see how we were a bit short on time there. However the ship, shows, food, room, service, etc were fabulous!

We also were on the Mercury with Freesia and Apjack and enjoyed meeting them at the Cruise Critics Connections Party!.... As for the cruise- WOW! It was more fun and more impressive and more exciting than we expected. The on-board ship activities were varied, the food was incredible, the service was inspired. The port times were unfortunate, I agree. However, we did not expect to be this impressed with the overall experience!

I just got off the Mercury a couple of weeks ago and agree with the previous comments. The cruise was great but they cut our time in two of the ports as well. We were forced to do some scrambling on our excursions as there was no advance notice. They told us it was due to high seas however it looks like they use this same excuse on every sailing. Why not just send out the correct itinerary when they send your documents.

In general we found that anything to do with the ships staff was great, anything to do with Celebrity's administration or management is terrible.

Ho

mfdemaynard.....I didn't know there was a cruise connections party, so I didn't get to meet you. Wish I had! Also didn't get to meet FreesiaE--we were on the whale watching tour with Capt. Larry, and being the shy person that I am around strangers, I didn't introduce myself to anyone.

Anne

Archived