Cruising in August: Is it too HOT??

wework2play

carnival Liberty AUgust 26th-- 629 total pp with a 100 cabin credit.

But you are also only going on a 6 day cruise on the Liberty, the Conquest is a 7 day.

Last week of August is always the cheapest week of the month, school has already started to the rush is over.

August is a cheap month to cruise? I thought about changing to a cheaper month. Please tell me what you think I should be paying. 1079 pp is cheap??

i think that's a lot. when you find the itinerary you want, do a search for the ship w/ the parameters of august 1, 2007 returning november 30, 2007. then when the sail dates pop up, click on sort by price. this is going to show you right away, which sailings are the least expensive. you can find some great rates, and there won't even be a promo or other discount code attached to it yet!

for example, if you look at conquest for august, it's pricey -- it comes down a bit at the end, but not nearly as much as it does in later weeks. for example, look at the same exact cruise in november, and insides are going for an unbelievable 499; oceanviews 599; balcony staterooms 779. and again, this isn't w/ a discount. add a one day sale or PG discount and you cld do well. ahhh, now if only i cld take advantage of some of these deals. bad timing for me.:(

Which date are you going, and what kind of cabin category are you in? Here are some prices I have found for the cheapest balcony for each sailing:

8/5 $1,179

8/12 $1,279

8/19 $1,049

8/26 $899

9/2 $849

9/9 $829

9/16 $829

9/23 $849

Demand greatly adjusts the price for the exact same cruise. If your dates are flexible, I'd say to go for the cheapest date.

Is there any particular reason you are set on the Conquest out of Galveston? I see that you are in the Midwest so I imagine you'd have to fly there. By comparison, you can get a balcony on the 8/26 Valor for $739. I always pick a week or two that I think we will be able to go and then look for what I think are the best deals. The itinerary is less important to me. Plus tickets to Orlando or Miami may be cheaper than tickets to Galveston.

We are going Aug 5, and Galveston is only 12 hours from us. We kinda like the drive. We stay in Houston and then on to Galveston in the morning. We are going before the kids go back to school (Aug 14). If we weren't taking the kids we'd be going in December :) . But I don't want to drag them out of school. We have a balcony room on the upper deck, and we got it earlier so the rate was better. Thanks for the help.

Our first cruise was the middle of August - loved the heat - our third will be the beginning of August this year and really looking forward to the warmth.

I have yet to understand why anyone would cruise to Alaska - can't imagine wanting to see snow in the summer months! But we are all different - DD lives there and says its beautiful. Jan

There is nothing more beautiful than Alaska in June and July. What snow? There's no snow. And the sun stays out until 11PM and rises at 4am.

As for the caribbean, the temperatures are not THAT much different between those during the winter. But it IS humid!!!! Just make sure you stay hydrated.

BnB

I have yet to understand why anyone would cruise to Alaska - can't imagine wanting to see snow in the summer months! But we are all different - DD lives there and says its beautiful. Jan

I am from Alaska, where i lived, the only snow in the summer months are ice caps on the very tops of the mountains, the daily temp is in the 70's, we do have rain, mist, fog but the summer months are the most beautiful.

I worked on Douglas, thats right across from where the cruise ships docked in Juneau, It's a sight to see all the ships docked on a beautiful summer day.

I keep hearing that it is beautiful in Alaska - and I know that we will go there to visit. When I say that I don't understand why anyone would cruise to Alaska I also don't understand why anyone would take a New England cruise either (and I'm kidding on both - as people who live in Maine are known for being totally in love with the state and can't think of anywhere else they would want to be) ... but there are times that I get tired of the cold and snow and no leaves, and short summers, and want the total heat and warmth of the Caribbean.

Being from Maine we have a saying here that we have winter and the 4th of July ... DD has always complained about the snow and cold here, so I was very surprised when she moved to Alaska (The beginning of January too!). I spoke to her on Mother's Day and she loves being there ... and unfortunately I think she's staying.

I just wanted to write this so that all can understand that I was not saying anything negative about Alaska, just as I dislike listening to people say negative remarks about the state that I live in. Jan

We always sail the last week of August because of the price and because it is considered my birthday cruise. We are from southwest Mississippi, so the heat is not really a factor. I thought it was a lot hotter in New Orleans during the life boat drill than in Cozumel, at least in the Gulf there is a breeze. What you are used to would play a huge role in regards to whether one thinks it is too hot. My brother and SIL live in Montana and swore to NEVER step foot in Mississippi in July and August again. ;) We are out in the hot/humid weather every day, so it does not really bother us too much. Now cold weather is another story........

I keep hearing that it is beautiful in Alaska - and I know that we will go there to visit. When I say that I don't understand why anyone would cruise to Alaska I also don't understand why anyone would take a New England cruise either (and I'm kidding on both - as people who live in Maine are known for being totally in love with the state and can't think of anywhere else they would want to be) ... but there are times that I get tired of the cold and snow and no leaves, and short summers, and want the total heat and warmth of the Caribbean.

Being from Maine we have a saying here that we have winter and the 4th of July ... DD has always complained about the snow and cold here, so I was very surprised when she moved to Alaska (The beginning of January too!). I spoke to her on Mother's Day and she loves being there ... and unfortunately I think she's staying.

I just wanted to write this so that all can understand that I was not saying anything negative about Alaska, just as I dislike listening to people say negative remarks about the state that I live in. Jan

As a young couple, some of our most memorable summers were spent in Maine. Specifically on Mt. Desert Island.

BnB

Archived