Missing Luggage on the Valor today 5/13/07

earthdog

Let me start by saying we had a super cruise.

We had a real problem when we were leaving, our bags came off with the VIP Priority group and 4 bags were missing. What really astounded me was the attitude of the Carnival Reps. It had to be us... we were simply blind... and so were the 7 other VIP customers missing bags. Then the Porter came over and said the day before they found a whole bin of luggage 6 hours later. The Carnival Rep immedaitely wrote down the Porters name and suggested we fill out the paperwork. The Carnival Reps really had no concern we filed out the paperwork so we could make our plane.

I guess I will have to see if Carnival can find the missing luggage.

I'm so surprised they treated you like this. I lost one of my bags in Galveston, the reps were looking with me, my friends were looking, I finally had to leave to catch the bus we had chartered.

The reps at the pier were so helpful, walking me over to make out the paperwork. Then they called me on the telephone while I was halfway to Houston to tell me they found the bag. I told them to ship it to my home and I got it on Thursday via DHL.

I even e-mailed Carnival to tell them how helpful their people were at the Galveston pier. I couldn't have asked for more help.

We sailed Valor last week and although our bags made it on and off the ship just fine...ironically several passengers who dropped their bags off at the pier, never received their bags on board. Within 24 hrs. of sailing we received a flyer under our door outling at least 4 missing bags and asking passengers to double check their rooms. I overheard one young lady one day saying CCL gave her some spending money for basic tee-shirts and clothes but obviously she couldn't do the formal nights.

I am just not sure how bags are lost from the loading bin - hopefully everyone finds there stuff again!

We also had a bag disappear on us when we left the Sensation..the crew was also very kind to us, and worked hard to find the bag, which they eventually did.

I thought you were going to say your bags never made it to your cabin; hence, your screen name!:eek:

Archived