horseback riding question

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion last November and booked it through the cruise ship.

The bus ride from the pier to Lucky Stables was around 30 minutes and we took our camera in a backpack and it never came close to getting wet.

While you are actually in the water with the horse their will be someone there taking pictures of you that you'll get the opportunity to purchase after the ride is over.

Remember to bring a little bit of cash along as they sell drinks and snacks after the ride and don't forget to tip your guide for a job well done.

How did you like Lucky Stables? We're also looking at Bayside Riding Club. Does anyone know if either of these are far from port? Any recommendations?

We really enjoyed Lucky Stables. Ride was 2-25 minutes from pier. Although we booked directly we were on the same tour as those who booked through the ship. We were asked by 2 couples how much we paid and they were shocked at the price difference. We got the same tour, same everything, but saved alot. Also, I don't know if it matters to you or not, but if you book direct you are not required to wear a helmet....that's cruiseline policy. Since I didn't want to have to wear one, that was another plus!

I don't know if it matters to you or not, but if you book direct you are not required to wear a helmet....that's cruiseline policy. Since I didn't want to have to wear one, that was another plus!

Also when you book through the cruise line they say the minimum age is 12 but there were kids there that were much younger then 12 whos family booked directly through the stables.

Thanks for your help! We're thinking about riding as early as we can, and then going to Divi Little Bay for the rest of the day. Hopefully it won't be too much to do in one day, but we can relax once we're back on the ship.

We booked directly with Lucky Stables when we went and my kids were 5, 8, 10 & 12. Only the kids had to wear helmets.

All of the girls rode on their own horse - with the 5 yo's horse being tied to the guides.

I took my camera also and our guide stopped at random places and took pictures of us as a family - in the water too!

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning on going to Lucky Stables in the morning and then on to Orient Beach. Is this too much for one day? How far are the two locations from each other and from the boat?

The port area in St. Martin is in between Orient Beach and Lucky Stables.

Not sure what time you have to be back on the ship but if you are doing the riding in the morning you will not have to worry about traffic heading back to the ship (there is a drawbridge that opens up mid afternoon that causes major traffic backups)

I would not say it is too much in a day but I like to go, go, go on vacation and do as much as I can.

Archived