Formal Night???

fstimcruz

You will get a lot of different responses and opinions on this. We were just on the Carnival Conquest the second week in April. Some men work tuxedos, the majority dark suits, and, yes, I did see some men with sports coats and slacks. They will not turn him away. Enjoy your cruise...

Do not stress over this. If you are that worried about it, there's always the buffet on formal night. We were on the Inspiration 2 weeks ago and saw everything you could imagine on formal night, khaki's, suits, and yes, even shorts. The Matre'd made an announcement the night before that he wanted everyone there regardless of what they wore (George the Greek) and it was a true mismash of styles. And everyone had a great time!

Do not stress over this. If you are that worried about it, there's always the buffet on formal night. We were on the Inspiration 2 weeks ago and saw everything you could imagine on formal night, khaki's, suits, and yes, even shorts. The Matre'd made an announcement the night before that he wanted everyone there regardless of what they wore (George the Greek) and it was a true mismash of styles. And everyone had a great time!

Why do they post their "requirements" on their website and print it in brochures and then have a maiitre'd announce wear whatever??

It just causes confusion. I would feel as much out of place on formal night if I wore a tux and 80% wore shorts or casual wear as I would if I wore shorts to a black tie affair.

Just make it one policy or another with no gray area.

Bill

He would definetly wear a tie of course. He just does not have a black suit. We are going to invest in one, but not right now there is no need for one. Thank you all for your help.

Why do they post their "requirements" on their website and print it in brochures and then have a maiitre'd announce wear whatever??

It just causes confusion. I would feel as much out of place on formal night if I wore a tux and 80% wore shorts or casual wear as I would if I wore shorts to a black tie affair.

Just make it one policy or another with no gray area.

Bill

I agree 100%

On our last cruise, the Maitre'd was turning people away at the door.

I'm just reporting what happened on our cruise. When George the Greek announced that the next night was formal night, there were a few moans. He told them what I posted above, and that no one would be turned away.

I'm just reporting what happened on our cruise. When George the Greek announced that the next night was formal night, there were a few moans. He told them what I posted above, and that no one would be turned away.

Sorry, I don't mean to kill the messenger.

I keep going back and forth. Take tux, take suit. Just makes me feel uneasy. I guess I'm just strange.

Bill

The problem is "George the greek" will not be the Maitre'd on the Victory so giving someone that advise, they take it and then are turned away at the dining room door would not be good.

As i stated above, our last cruise the Maitre'd was turning many people away at the door for being out of the required dress code for the evening and he also stated he would be turning people away after the first night.

So not all Maitre'ds ingore the required dress code, some actually abide by the rule.

OP-- to be safe, read the required dress code on the Carnival site or in your cruise doc's.

Archived