Has Anyone Had Their Carnival Reception in the Piano Bar?

I am trying to decide between the DJ & the piano bar, and I was wondering what style music the piano player will play during the reception. Is it mostly quiet, jazzy background music? Or is it a more personalized request-taking style? I recently went to a local piano bar & had a blast, because the player would take requests and played many different styles of music. Anyone have experiences with the piano players?

We had our reception in the piano bar and it was awesome! The piano player took requests when people made them and played his own choices when people didn't. He was really good. In fact, when we went to do our first dance we couldn't get the cd to work right but it didn't matter because he played it for us (Our song was supposed to be Only You by Harry Connick Jr.) All of our guests thought that the piano player made the reception so classy.

Stevesgirl

Can you tell me how much extra the Piano player was/ I am thinking I would like my reception in the Piano bar, it sounds much better thna a DJ. I am trying to get an idea of cost before I just call up and start agreeing to all the upgrades.

Thanks

Vicki

Vicki,

My info packet lists the DJ & pianist at the same prices: $75 for the Welcome Aboard Package, $105 for the Deluxe Romance, and $135 for the 2-hour reception. I think I really like the idea of the pianist, since it will add a more classy touch, and also most likely avoid a gaudy disco-room background! ;)

Archived