Thangsgiving

wilber1

I just peaked at the Golden for November and I see it is a 7 day sailing. YES YES YES you should expect a lot of families with children of all ages on a cruise over Thanksgiving, especially a 7 day cruise sailing from the U.S.

Yes, Thanksgiving week cruises have lots of kids; always. We've done 3 family cruises during that time; enjoyed all of them. If you want an idea of how many kids, think in the area of 500+. We had more than 650 on one of them.

Would this also be true of a cruise starting in San Juan? Probably not as many kids, but quite a few? We are on the Crown 17-24 November from San Juan. Doesn't really matter either way and we will have a teenager with us, contributing to the ratio :)

Kids? Why worry? I didn't have to cook, clean, or wash dishes. I've never felt so thankful! Princess does a good job with turkey, but they don't quite have the pumpkin pie right. At least I didn't have to cook it!!!!;)

Thanksgiving cruise? What is it like? Is there a lot of kids on at that time?Thinking about haveing a get toghether on the Golden, would like your input!

Thanks

Rest assured that you will not be the only family on this cruise! We took this cruise last Thanksgiving Week on the Diamond and will be on the Golden this year at Thanksgiving with our family and friends again! There were about 800 kids under 21 on last years cruise and they were very well behaved! We loved the cruise and the weather was great.

Don

we never even knew they were around!! It was our first 7 day cruise and we had never cruised with kids. Had no idea what to expect. It was fine ;-)) Lots and lots of really big family groups. I think it might be very different from high school and college kids at Spring break!!

We were on a cruise for my 60th birthday that happened to be Thanksgiving week. Now I can't wait to do a family holiday cruise. You will have a blast.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for the help I will try booking it and see what kind of price I can get!:rolleyes:

Whatever you get, it will be a lot less the week before and the week after. Such is the price we pay for holiday weeks. :(

We've sailed the last 4 Thanksgivings on NCL, RCCL, Carnival and Princess, last year on the CB. The kids on Princess were the least visible as the youth patrol was out in full force. It's a great family week for cruising and my kids always have a blast meeting the other kids. We're booked for Thanksgiving on the CB again this year we enjoyed ourselves so much last year!

Archived