13 Days!

13 Days from now I will be setting sail on my first royal caribbean cruise! We are leaving out of San Juan and taking AOS to Aruba, Curacao, St.Thomas, and St. Marteen. I am so excited but I am starting to worry i haven't done enough research. We only purchased 1 shore excursion - the ATV ride in Aruba through shore trips - the other ports I figured we would do some shopping, jet skiing, and maybe get a cab to take us on a tour of curacoa. Any words of wisdom or tips?

Thanks!:o

Don't stress about the excursions (or lack thereof!) If you decide you want to do another, you can book on the ship. Shopping, beach, etc... can easily be done with no excursion. If it's a tour of the island you want, an excursion will probably give you a fuller overview than doing it on your own.

We seldom do excursions anymore--been there, done that, so now we just wander about and hit the beaches! It's certainly cheaper that way!!!!

Less is more.............

Don't try and do everything.......pick and choose what you want to do.

Take twice as much money as you planned and half as many clothes:D

13 Days from now I will be setting sail on my first royal caribbean cruise! We are leaving out of San Juan and taking AOS to Aruba, Curacao, St.Thomas, and St. Marteen. I am so excited but I am starting to worry i haven't done enough research. We only purchased 1 shore excursion - the ATV ride in Aruba through shore trips - the other ports I figured we would do some shopping, jet skiing, and maybe get a cab to take us on a tour of curacoa. Any words of wisdom or tips?

Thanks!:o

Sounds like you've got it figured out. Go forth and have a great time!

LL

We did a mountain-bike (easy) excursion in Curacao through RCI -- it was terrific. The bikes were good, helmets provided and the site was their National Park - Christoffel - very beautiful.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Isujim is so correct about the clothes!!! We took probably 3 times more clothes than we needed. Try not to overpack. Also, cruise personnel will be able to tell you more about the excursions. We had booked a glass bottom boat excursion on the Rhapsody in April and we were told that there were problems recently with that company and then suggested an alternate excursion for us. So maybe it will be better to wait until you're onboard to book the excursions...just a thought!

Archived