Having doubt about Quest on 10/31....

bryanjaync

As I said in another post, any time a ship is either under construction or in dry dock, construction times can shift. I was supposed to be on the 6th Millennium cruise when it was first built. It turned out I was on the fourth since two were canceled. Even then there were arteas of the ship under construction.

Either change the cruise or cross your fingers. At least now you have been warned.

I am booked on the inaugural 10/19 cruise and I'm not worried. First of all, nobody knows when Azamara takes over the ship and how long they plan to keep it in dry dock. Perhaps they have learned from the Journey experience? Funny how nobody wants to give the cruiseline some credit that they won't repeat the same mistake. Or at least try hard not to. This cruise is 12-days and I'm betting that they will do everything in their power not to have to give it away for free. Happy Sailing!

I am booked on the inaugural 10/19 cruise and I'm not worried. First of all, nobody knows when Azamara takes over the ship and how long they plan to keep it in dry dock. Perhaps they have learned from the Journey experience? Funny how nobody wants to give the cruiseline some credit that they won't repeat the same mistake. Or at least try hard not to. This cruise is 12-days and I'm betting that they will do everything in their power not to have to give it away for free. Happy Sailing!

The key words here are NOBODY KNOWS. Make sure you get some info otherwise you will have the same horrible experience of the Quest as we did on the 5/5/07 Journey. If you don't get answers, please change your reservation.

:rolleyes: I have been investigating, the Blue moon is going to be renamed the Quest. It finishes it's last cruise on 9/24/07 in Rouen, Normandy. From there who knows where she goes for the refurbishing there's not a lot of time before her first cruise as Quest!!!!! I am booked for 11/12/07 and we are having second thoughts!!! Anyone have more info?

:rolleyes: I have been investigating, the Blue moon is going to be renamed the Quest. It finishes it's last cruise on 9/24/07 in Rouen, Normandy. From there who knows where she goes for the refurbishing there's not a lot of time before her first cruise as Quest!!!!! I am booked for 11/12/07 and we are having second thoughts!!! Anyone have more info?

Hi Popsbabe !

We are booked for the sailing after yours, and we are not worried. I truly hope that Azamara is spending a great deal of time right now, to make sure that Quest does not deal with the same problems as Journey has.

I noticed that Quest's first sailing on October 19, 2007 shows as "Sold Out". I'd be very surprised if the ship is actually sold out. I feel that Azamara has stopped taking new bookings, as they may be currently researching if Quest can actually be ready by then. If not, I feel there is a chance this sailing will be canceled.

For those of you who have bookings, PLEASE dont worry yet. This is strictly my own opinion. You have to admit that it makes sense, as Azamara shut down bookings for the 10/19 sailing, within a couple of days of Journey's first Cruise. At least someone at Azmara is trying to make sure the same thing doesnt happen again. Stay Tuned.

Azamara has confirmed that the ship is sold out. The few cabins left were purchased by a group. Also some journalists will be on board as well so I'm sure Azamara will do everything in their power to ensure things go better than with Journey. Also, there weren't that many cabins available before it became sold out. Insides were already gone as were most outside cabins. So let's not spread rumors or paranoia when not necessary. There's enough of that going around already. Happy Sailing!

Hi Gang:

We were on Connie over New Year's and booked the Quest inaugural while on board and cabins were scarce at that time. I do beleive it is really sold out. (IMO) The first voyage should be interesting. I agree that X will take the feedback from Journey and use the lessons learned. I also heard that the Quest drydock was as tight as Jouney's, so maybe X will have some magic up its sleave!

Why does everyone rave/worship Oceania? I thought the ships received multi-million dollar refurbs, but the Oceania ships still have the same carpet and loveseats as when they were R-class ships...:confused:

Happy Sailing!

Azamara has confirmed that the ship is sold out. The few cabins left were purchased by a group. Also some journalists will be on board as well so I'm sure Azamara will do everything in their power to ensure things go better than with Journey. Also, there weren't that many cabins available before it became sold out. Insides were already gone as were most outside cabins. So let's not spread rumors or paranoia when not necessary. There's enough of that going around already. Happy Sailing!

Hi 1cruiselvr !

As I clearly said in my original post... NOT to worry about it at this point, and that it was my OWN opinion. I clearly was not trying to spread any rumors, paranoia or anything of the kind. My point was, I found the timing odd of the ship showing as sold out. Nothing more. Sorry you took it that way. We will see what happens.

Hi Gang:

Why does everyone rave/worship Oceania? I thought the ships received multi-million dollar refurbs, but the Oceania ships still have the same carpet and loveseats as when they were R-class ships...:confused:

Happy Sailing!

The Journey looks to have the same carpet in a lot of the public areas..the same tables, and art pieces as on Oceania.......

Wonder what AZA spent that much money on ?

Archived