San Juan from 3pm-11pm

BunkerVA

Hi!

We will be in San Juan on Monday December 17, 2007 arriving on Explorer of the Seas. We will be in port from 3pm-11pm. My husband and I took the Old San Juan walking tour the last time we were in town (also visiting El Morro) and are looking for something else to do...it's a shame its so late in the day!

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Sam :D

Do the bioluminescence tour BUT do it through your cruiseline to make sure you're back in time. None of the independents will guarantee that you're back in time for sailing by 11 - all the places I've contacted only guarantee by midnight.

We're on Princess this July and booked through them because this is one thing I really don't want to miss.

Oh one more thing...check the day that you're going against the moon calendar on biobay.com to make sure that it's a "great" or "good" day to go. Some days it's just not worth it or the tour isn't happening because of the moon and Sundays aren't good either.

Kim

Hi Kim!

thank you for the suggestion! I looked at the calendar and its a yellow day--considerable moonlight and only one day from no trips...I think we'll wait until next time to do it...I'd like to see it at its best!

Thanks!!!!

Sam :D

We took a off the beaten paths tour with Victour from Countryside tours and it was fantastic. He took us to the College and showed us around. He spoke about the politics in PR and explained about the Red Party and Blue Party. He took us to southern San Juan and explained about the Culture of the residents of San Juan. He showed us the local shooping areas and explained how shopping in the local areas (Stores with out Air Conditioning, shopping areas with out Movie Theaters, etc) could save alot of money. You could buy the same item at a Mall for say $20.00 as compared to $4.00 at the local places. We also road to the maintain area and Victor explained about the area, Rain Forrest, Local tree's and Fruit.

My wife and I had visited San Juan two other times and never realy cared for it. (Just went because it was a port of call on a cruise ship) But after taking this tour we have changed our minds about San Juan and realy enjoyed it this time. WE got to know the Culture and people like Victor who is just a great frendly and knowlegable tour guide who we now call frend. Now we cant wait to return to San Juan.

All in All it was a great way to see San Juan and when we return we will deffinatly contact Victor again.

It was just My Wife and I and it cost $100.00 Victor Picked us up in a car, His Girl Frend drove and she was every bit as nice as Victor. Her and My wife got along great.

If anyone wants to contact Victor his e-mail is countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com

If you have any questions please e-mail me at pawags45@yahoo.com

I will be in San Juan from 3:00 - Midnight in April 2008. What is the best thing to do, I will be with my husband and 2 daughters ages 7 & 9 plus a freiend, her husband and their son - 11 and daughter - 9. Please help.

I will be in San Juan from 3:00 - Midnight in April 2008. What is the best thing to do, I will be with my husband and 2 daughters ages 7 & 9 plus a freiend, her husband and their son - 11 and daughter - 9. Please help.

Take the bioluminescence bay tour. We're doing that in July and it's apparently a "not to miss" event. Your cruise ship should have it available.

Kim

Take the bioluminescence bay tour. We're doing that in July and it's apparently a "not to miss" event. Your cruise ship should have it available.

Kim

Thanks, Ill check into that one. Plus I'll be waiting to hear from you on how you liked it.

Con

• 11 months later...

We're on Explorer of the seas this Dec and have been trying to decide if we can do a biobay tour. Explorer is docked 3:00pm-11:30pm and it does not offer a biobay shore excursion. so I'd have to book on my own and am concerned about getting back in time.

We're on Explorer of the seas this Dec and have been trying to decide if we can do a biobay tour. Explorer is docked 3:00pm-11:30pm and it does not offer a biobay shore excursion. so I'd have to book on my own and am concerned about getting back in time.

The BioBay is a beautiful thing to see.

I think you will be able to make it back in plenty of time.

The first tour is about 6pm and ends at about 8:30p. The drive to/from is about 1.25hrs to OSJ.

Rent a car from Charlie's or somewhere that will pick you up/drop you off at the cruise pier. Check with the kayak company, they may be able to drive you (for a fee of course!).

Check my travel blog for my experience at the BioBay:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/04/07/bio-bay-in-fajardo-by-kayak-or-boat-a-glowing-experience/

Archived