A Different Alcohol Question

ekeberg

We are taking a limo in Juneau on our Alaska cruise this July. Can we buy a couple of bottles of wine or champagne on the ship and take them off the ship in Juneau for our limo ride?

Thanks

Lynn

There are liquor stores in Juneau where you can buy for a lot less than on the ship. You will dock at the pier, just take a 5 minute walk into town and pick something up ( if its not too early ). Otherwise, unless there is a law prohibiting an open bottle of liquor in a vehicle, or the limo company prohibits it, there should be no problem in buying a sailaway package and bringing the bottle with you, or at least IMHO.

Dave:eek:

http://localsearch.live.com/localsearch/details.aspx?lid=YN17x52512&qt=yp&what=liquor+stores&where=Juneau%2c+Alaska&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02

Don't forget that the limo company itself might also be able to provide you with wine.

I don't see why there would be any problem buying a bottle of wine on the ship and taking it off with you...

Susan

Thanks for all the replies. The limo company does suppy champagne, but it is Andre and I really would like something better than that. There are 10 of us and it is a 50th birthday that day so I'm not against spending a little extra on something good.

How would you suggest I buy it from a bar or room service or our wine steward?

Thanks again

Lynn

It's not hard to do better than Andre. I'm a professional wine judge and the really surprsing sparkler in recent years has been....Korbel. (honest) I always thought it was just another cheap quaffer but in recent years in blind competitions I've given it very high scores, and gold medals. They have made major imrovements. Just a thought. I don't even know if its on the Celebrity list.

I know a bit about Temecula as I am the director of the annual Temecula wine competiton. I know the almond campagne is wildly popular. It just doesn't do anything for me. For me, it seems too artificial. But the bottom line in wine tasting is drink what you like. Clearly lots of folks love that bubbly.

Thanks for all the replies. The limo company does suppy champagne, but it is Andre and I really would like something better than that. There are 10 of us and it is a 50th birthday that day so I'm not against spending a little extra on something good.

How would you suggest I buy it from a bar or room service or our wine steward?

Thanks again

Lynn

Was the limo company unable/willing to provide something better? Paying a premium for premium alcohol from the limo company is probably still less expensive than getting it on the ship. Then it's there when you get off and you aren't schlepping it around.

Archived