rough seas?

cruiselove-7

I sailed the Mexican Riviera in early January and the seas had some chop, but were not what I'd call rought. With one exception, when we crossed the Sea of Cortez, between Mazatlan and La Paz, it did get a bit rough. It was at night and hardly noticed.

We had rough seas on the way back in Dec 06 - once we got past Cabo. Don't know for sure, but hear the currents often cause the rollers in this part of the trip - there were many green faces and lots of room service. Ginger pills were the miracle for me.

Hey Family Man, been on the Spirit since the hurricane in 06? We just booked it 1-25-08 and hope it goes well.I just happened to see your post and thought I'd say HI! from your fellow cruisers.Steve&Janet so.ca (becksters bro.)

I really think it depends on the year. My first time to Mexico in January it was a little rough but that was 1) on Song of America (built in 1983) and 2) it was my first time. That could have had something to do with it.

The other time I went to Mexico in January I sailed on Vision of the Seas. The ship does a beautiful job at maneuvering the seas. It really does sail quite nicely. I remember talking with many others and they commented on how well the ship handled the waters. I think you'll be fine.

I always make it a point to take Bonine on a daily basis whether I need it or not, just in case. (Not Dramamine because that makes you drowsy).

Have fun!

Hey Family Man, been on the Spirit since the hurricane in 06? We just booked it 1-25-08 and hope it goes well.I just happened to see your post and thought I'd say HI! from your fellow cruisers.Steve&Janet so.ca (becksters bro.)

Hey Steve. Of course I remember you! Just last week I was actually thinking about booking for Thanksgiving week 2008. I thought the ship was OK, but I would really like to sail that itinerary since I have never been to any of the ports. I also would like the 4 days at sea! :D

Thanks for saying hello.

Hey Tim, we were on the VOS in April of 2002 and enjoyed the cruise and the ship.We had a great time.That was the first cruise with my sister.The 1/25/08 cruise is a reunion cruise and the price and aft balcony was available so we booked it soon as they let us know (asap).Who knows maybe we'll be on the same cruise someday again.A roll call has been started for the cruise already.Keep up the fun,Steve&Janet

Archived