Passport Question

KK41

I applied back in February for my passport. Then it was 6 weeks so I did not expedite. As time passed, the time fame grew to 10 weeks. I am now 12 weeks from application date and no date of arrival. Anyone else waiting for their passport?

You should have it in ten week I would be checking to see were yours is. Another on here had problems and they ended up expiditing his for free.

How do you check when they will not even take your phone call until 14 days before your trip? I applied feb. 22nd and I still don't have ours! I wish they would take into consideration WHEN a person applied and not just when their trip is! I think it is unfair for someone to apply last week and they are already getting theirs! I understand if they expedite and everything, but it just seems that they jump to the front of the line, and those of us that applied months ago get pushed further back! Sorry, i am just SO frustrated with all of this! I was told by the stupid lady at the post office that it would take about 6 weeks, so i assumed i had plenty of time! The passport office will not accept a call unless the trip is 14 days out, so i dont know what else there is to do. :mad:

We applied Feb. 12th for my fiances passport and were told ten weeks. Nothing yet. We called and they said they would get on it and get it to us last friday. We still havent seen it and we leave the 20th on our honeymoon.

I got my kids passports in November didn't expedite and it took 3 weeks. They supposedly go by the date of the trip. Course I m"moved" the trip date on the paperwork til before final payment was due.lol My sister waited and applied just under 10 weeks out she called our congressman's office and he had her passport here two days before we left. As close as your Paris date is I'd be on the phone. Good Luck and you'll LOVE Paris.

Doing the happy dance here. My passport just arrived. I applied in late Feb for it and as I am not cruising till this fall had standered processing. I was getting worried they had lost it or something but the posts on here reassured me I was not alone in waiting longer than the post office said. Thanks for the reassurance and I will now continue doing the happy dance here.

I applied for grandsons on Feb 23, just received it last Friday. Right at 11 weeks. The message on the board never changed for me. It always said 10 weeks.

Did the message say that the passport had been mailed, or did it just say that it was being processed and you got the passport in the mail?

I applied 3/8 and received 5/14, 4 days shy of 10 weeks. My DH applied one day after me at same post office, and he has not received his yet. His took 3 weeks longer to show up on the tracking site. We travel at the end of June, so hopefully it will come in plenty of time. Luckily if he needs another BC, we live in the city/county he was born so he can get it in a day if need be.

My family (5 of us) applied Feb 3rd. We leave on the 30th. First 3 came two weeks ago (about 12 weeks) with a letter that my youngest daughter was missing a particular form that was not listed on the application. Called and waited on hold for 40 minutes and was told I had to over-night the form. Another 25.00 dollars. Checked on mine and it was "still processing." Mine arrived three days later. Web site still said in was being processed. It took 2 days after arrival for them to put an estimated date of arrival on the web site. I'm still waiting for my daughters. They did say they were expiditing hers since we leave in two weeks. It's been 14 1/2 weeks since we applied.

What they are doing is waiting to work on any received until you are about 3 weeks from your travel date because they have so many people waiting until the last minute to apply that they are taking those applications first.

Hang in there, and call them when you get two weeks out. They will move your appliction up and expidite your service.

I applied 2/28 . I am cruiseing on 6/3. I called the passport office a few times with no luck. I then had my senators office contact them. The congressional offices have a seperate e-mail that they send requests to. The senate office fudged the date and told them that I was leaving 5/24 and that they need to hurry up with it. I called the passport office today and was told that it was sent out this morning. The web site still says processing though.

I leave Friday, May 18, so I started calling two weeks out (figure on being on hold for an hour or two). They were all very nice and assured me they were flagging mine as urgent. I kept calling every other day or so and they kept telling me I was marked urgent. Then they told me they had upgraded me to overnight mail. Finally, they called me on Tuesday and said they were working on it now and would Fed Ex it. It came today (Wed) by Fed Ex.

BTW, I had applied Feb. 27.

As the land border passport requirement approaches, I wouldn't be surprised if the wait for your passport reaches 16 to 18 weeks this fall.

I say again, there is no prize for waiting until you wish to cross the border. Get your passports now......

Did the message say that the passport had been mailed, or did it just say that it was being processed and you got the passport in the mail?

Sheri:

Nope, never said mailed, just kept saying it was being processed and you will receive it in 10 weeks. Which of course turned into 11 weeks.

sportsterjohn: We sail 6/3 also on the Liberty. Which ship are you on?

I am also on the Liberty. There is a pretty strong roll call for this cruise. BTW, the passport website now shows that they have been mailed and are due on the 21st.

I applied for grandsons on Feb 23, just received it last Friday. Right at 11 weeks. The message on the board never changed for me. It always said 10 weeks.

I applied for my passport during the first week of April and I still do not see my status online ( 6 weeks after application was sent ). Should I be worried?

Archived