Passport/Birth Certificate Question?

Hi, Me & my wife are in the process of getting our passports for our AOS sailing 12/2/07 and had a question on wifes birth certificate. My wife was born in Pueto Rico and just received a copy of her b/c she sent for. Our question is that it does not have a raised seal but a colored seal or sticker on it. Will this be acceptable when sending for passports. Wanted to make sure so it will not delay the process any longer then it already takes. Was not sure if this is how the b/c is in Pueto Rico. If anybody has any info on this that could help would be great.

Thanks in advance:)

Not all certified birth certificates have a raised seal. Some have some type of water mark or something else stating that it is certified. As long as it is one issued by the government you should be fine. When you bring it down to apply they should be able to tell you if it is okay.

You'll be fine. Both my husband and I were born in Maryland but different years. My birth certificate has a raised seal my husbands does not. We applied for our passports just last year and we had the same concerns that you did but it ended up not being an issue.

Archived