Glory arrives at 10, what time will I be off?

Meliss503

Hey, I'm going to book a tour while we are in St. Thomas. I haven't decided yet which one. We will be on the Carnival Glory and it arrives at 10, what time will we be getting off the ship? Does customs take a long time? Also, we've applied for passports, but I'm worried they will not arrive in time, does it take longer to go through customs with a birth certificate? Thanks in advance!

Hey, I'm going to book a tour while we are in St. Thomas. I haven't decided yet which one. We will be on the Carnival Glory and it arrives at 10, what time will we be getting off the ship? Does customs take a long time? Also, we've applied for passports, but I'm worried they will not arrive in time, does it take longer to go through customs with a birth certificate? Thanks in advance!

How long it takes for you to get off the ship depends on where it stopped last. You only have to go through customs if your previous port was a non-US port. For example, if prior to St. Thomas you stopped at St. Martin or St. Kitts, then you have to go through customs. If the previous port was Miami or San Juan, Puerto Rico, then you don't.

St. Thomas belongs to the US and as far as I know you don't need to present a passport if you're a US citizen. A birth certificate should still suffice.

If I had to guess, I'd say you'd be off the ship by about 11:00 if you came from a US port. If you came from a non-US port, meaning you have to go through customs, then you will probably be off by about noon at the latest.

We were there last month. They start calling people to go through customs before your scheduled time to depart the ship. I believe they started to call people around 9:00. If you book an excursion through Carnival, you can get in line first. They get priority. The line is verry long, but moves quickly. I had a passport, my husband just had his birth certificate and license. It doesn't matter what you use, it only takes a couple of seconds for the officer to compare photos and names.

It depends on how far away your excursion is from the dock. If it's on the other side of the island, you have to take drive time into consideration. I wouldn't book anything before 11-11:30.

We were on the Glory in April. Had a tour booked with Sunny Liston. They started calling people who had tours booked to go through customs first (none in our group had passports). We were off the ship before 11:00. No one even checked that we had a tour booked.

FYI, your really not going thru customs there, it is an immigrations check. It doesn't usually take over 30 minutes to do the passengers of the whole ship, that is unless you have a couple of horse's butts on there that think it doesn't apply to them.

They learn in a hurry that it does apply to everyone......

Thanks for the info, Leen did how was your tour with Sunny? We are leaning toward this one.

Our tour with Sunny was fun! We picked the 11:00 tour but did not have much time for shopping. We left the pier a little after 11:00 and with all the traffic only had about 45 minutes (not even) for shopping. We ended up on his wife's truck. She is a sweetheart but our truck was not as rowdy as Sunny's. Sunny did all of the talking at each stop we made. They recommended Shaphire Beach and it was so beautiful! We were back to the ship by 5:00 and did some more shopping right there at Havensight.

We were on the Glory in April. Had a tour booked with Sunny Liston. They started calling people who had tours booked to go through customs first (none in our group had passports). We were off the ship before 11:00. No one even checked that we had a tour booked.

I have heard good things about the Sunny Liston tour. What are your thoughts? Can I book that through Carnival, or do I need to go online somewhere and book it? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dee:o

I have heard good things about the Sunny Liston tour. What are your thoughts? Can I book that through Carnival, or do I need to go online somewhere and book it? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dee:o

Check out his website sunnylistontours.com. He is not assoicated with Carnival. I corresponded with him through e-mail. Since there were 10 of us, he did require a $100 deposit which went through Paypal. Then, when we boarded his truck, he collected the rest of the money (before the tour started). We paid $25 pp and I think it was well worth the money. We got to see a lot of the island and then spent 2 hours or so at Sapphire Beach.

Archived