Payment of Gratuities

Does anyone remember if you have to ask RCCL to charge your account for gratuities rather than paying cash? I can't remember if they set you up automatically for this or not?

For some reason I remember the gratuities being charged to the account unless you ask them to turn it off.

I always take advantage of this since it means not having to use all my extra cash for those envelopes...

Does anyone remember if you have to ask RCCL to charge your account for gratuities rather than paying cash? I can't remember if they set you up automatically for this or not?

For some reason I remember the gratuities being charged to the account unless you ask them to turn it off.

I always take advantage of this since it means not having to use all my extra cash for those envelopes...

Sometime during the middle of the cruise, you will be left a form, in your stateroom, asking of you want to charge the gratuities, fill this out and hand it in to the pursers desk, they will then charge the tips and you will receive vouchers on the last day to give to the waiter etc. It is not automatic

Sometime during the middle of the cruise, you will be left a form, in your stateroom, asking of you want to charge the gratuities, fill this out and hand it in to the pursers desk, they will then charge the tips and you will receive vouchers on the last day to give to the waiter etc. It is not automatic

Yep... exactly right.

Or you can pre-pay them before you leave. My husband and I wanted to pay for as much as possible before we leave, so I called the 800 number on Monday and pre-paid our gratuities with our check card. One less thing to worry about paying for when we get back. Just a thought...:)

Archived