Carnival Meet & greet?

Am i missing something here?

I just saw on a Roll call thread that Carnival will be setting up an official Meet & Greet with their sail date, the poster said Carnival will be providing a Bartender and possibly a crew member.

Is this something that Carnival just started?

I know RCCL has an official Meet & Greet but last i heard, Carnival still did not.

You can buy your own meet and greet party on carnival.

For a 1 hour open bar cold snacks the cost is 11.44 pp.

that you can book through your agent. You have to book a certain amount of people and pay ahead of time.

If you have a lot of people on the roll call board that particiapte its a good idea.

You dont get to pick the date or time of your get together and wont know until about 2 weeks prior. It will be a sea day--thats the only thing you are guaranteed

Unfortunately, RCI and Celebrity are the only lines that can have official CC parties. NCL has been very generous in their helping members set something up but it can't ever be official with logowear, advertising in the daily, etc. because other cruise lines have exclusivity.

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=460902&highlight=mingle

That is what my roll call group is doing. We are having the 1 hour open bar with the cold snacks. We aren't doing that the first day though......probably the 2nd formal night. For our "first" meeting we just arranged a place to meet about a half hour after the muster drill.

Thanks Serene, the poster never mentioned anything about paying for it, that was was got me confused.

Sometimes when booking with a group one of the perks is the "free 1 hour coctail party.. as one of the amenities. so maybe that group has a freebie.

Which is really factored into the price..

Sandi- -How do you get to pick your date and time of your party? I was told a sea day and they will tell me the time.

Last party was the last sea day at 3pm.

One of the women from our large group called Carnival and requested the use of a lounge for our meet & greet and that we would like a bartender. We told them when we wanted to have it and what time. We had no problem at all we got the room, bartender and we could have the room for 2 hours which we did. Linda

Thanks Serene, the poster never mentioned anything about paying for it, that was was got me confused.

I think you might be refering to a sailing that is coming up quite soon, as the situation you describe is very similar to what is mentioned in a roll call I'm a part of.

The person making that post is not actually on that sailing totally as a leisure vacation passenger -- there's more to it. You have to back up a bit in the roll call to get the whole story. In a nutshell, it's sort of an "inside arrangment" which could benefit business for both sides. And I luckily get to attend on the coattail of someone else's 'connections'.

Archived