Savings...

Re: Ginger Snaps!Great idea, althought the pills might save space. If all of us research air to Rome and the hotels there for a few days prior to our cruise, we could fill up our own cc airplane and our own hotel!! Everyone keep searching! We would prefer a direct flight from the U.S. to Rome and although we have never used "miles" before, we have 165,000. I have no clue how to use these for air tickets! Glad we have over a year to do research. Becky

• 3 weeks later...
NEWS FLASH FOR SEASICKNESS! Ginger pills from the health food store! About 3 years ago this info was on the front page of the Houston Chronicle. We keep the pills on board our boat for our guests who get motion sickness! No drugs, no drowsiness, and it makes your breath smell wonderful! Great for digestion, as well. It is also true that meds are available for free from the ship's infirmary! Crossing the Atlantic in '05! Bringing home the Liberty! Yea!

I double your sentiment. I brought ginger capsules with me on the Golden this year and they were a life saver! Any nausea I had vanished fairly rapidly.

Here is our money saving idea -

We are saving any trial size/travel size bottles we have, and cleaning them out then we are going to fill them with the shampoo etc. And we are going to pack them in a plastic shoe box. On the last day we will throw away the almost empty bottles, and use the hard plastic shoe box to pack breakable treasures that we buy on our trip.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
this is my first cruise and from talking to a few people about seasickness, Ive heard that if you get sick it may last a few days and of course that means my trip is ruined. I also heard that if you get sick the meds do not work. You have to take them before as a precaution.Could someone tell me the best anti seasickness med there is? What is this wristband people are talking about and does it work? My biggest fear!!!!

I put the wristband on before I board and wear it around til the next am...no problem. The pills although say non-drowsy make me too sleepy, so, wristbands for me

• 1 month later...
Here is our money saving idea -

We are saving any trial size/travel size bottles we have, and cleaning them out then we are going to fill them with the shampoo etc. And we are going to pack them in a plastic shoe box. On the last day we will throw away the almost empty bottles, and use the hard plastic shoe box to pack breakable treasures that we buy on our trip.

We forgot to pack the shoe box, but the little bottles worked great and getting rid of them on the last day helped a ton!!! There was not too many samples in the basket in our bathroom, so I am glad I brought my own stuff. it may be different on a bigger or newer ship?

• 3 weeks later...

The list of OTC seems to be pretty complete except for one thing I always bring. "ZICAM". At the first sign of a cold, taken as directed, has never failed us. That along with "COLDEZE" has saved many a vacation. Depending on your relationship with your doctor...I always ask for a general antibiotic especially if we're going to be out of the country. "Z-Pak" is very dependable. It's taken for 5 days, once a day, and lasts for 14 days in your system. If we don't need it for the trip...I hold on to it for an expected illness...but caution is advised as with all medication.

Happy cruising!

great ideas! our goody bag is always fuller than our suitcase! We've learn to pack sparingly and wash clothes on board. We also pack an extra large nylon zipper carry-on for goodies that we buy in port. Also, don't forget to bring one or two clothespins--always good for holding curtains together and a million other uses. We take a few small and gallon size ziplocs for various items. I always put anything liquid in a ziploc bag, as well. I put all my make-up items in a ziploc so security can see everything I have--meds go in one, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, picks, mouthwash, etc in another and jewelry goes into another one. hope this helps someone. see ya on the Liberty if not before--going into Rome on the 19th. Whatever happened to our Liberty Lovers ribbons or buttons someone was going to make? Becky

• 2 weeks later...

Archived