Triumph, Where do we fly into???

memecakes

We are thinking of booking the Triumph in October. I have been watching airline ticket prices and I notice a difference in price between Fort Lauderdale and Miami International. Witch one is closest to the Triumph port? We are coming from Oregon so I do not know the area that well. How far a drive is it from either airport?

Thanks

We are thinking of booking the Triumph in October. I have been watching airline ticket prices and I notice a difference in price between Fort Lauderdale and Miami International. Witch one is closest to the Triumph port? We are coming from Oregon so I do not know the area that well. How far a drive is it from either airport?

Thanks

It sails from Port of Miami

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals_Parking__Directions_Port_of_Miami.aspx

Port of Miami

Terminal B and Terminal C

1741 and 1751 Africa Way

Dodge Island

Miami, FL 33132

Travel Time:

• 8 miles from the Miami International Airport; travel time is approximately 25 minutes.
  • 25 miles from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

We have cruised out of Miami twice and will be doing it a 3rd time on the Triumph. We have done both Miami and Ft Lauderdale for flights. I let the price dictate where we fly into.

From Ft Lauderdale Carnival charges $60 per person round trip for transfers. My understanding it there are shuttles that are much cheaper. We usually rent a car because we stay a day or two extra.

This time we are flying into Ft Lauderdale but have not decided on transportation.

We flew into FLL and rented a car for a really great rate. We were able to return the car at the Miami airport and Alamo shuttled us to the port. Upon returning, we took a taxi to the FLL airport. It cost about $80. It would have been cheaper for the two of us to take the shuttle that Carnival offered.

Travel Time:

• 8 miles from the Miami International Airport; travel time is approximately 25 minutes.
  • 25 miles from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

Being a Miami-an, I know for a fact that this does not account for traffic. . . which can be pretty bad - especially if coming in from FLL. If it is a lot cheaper then go with FLL, but make sure you get there with PLENTY of time . . .

We were on the Triumph last year for our first cruise. I ended up letting Carnival deal with the arrangments because it was cheaper. They got us a non-stop flight from Las Vegas to Miami with transfers and a hotel because they flew us in a day early and it was only an additional 800.00. I checked all the rates and was not able to find a lower price.

We are booked on the Valor for July 1st and again i went ahead and let Carnival do the planning. I spent an additional 900.00 this time and again that covered my flight, hotel and transfers. I tried to find a cheaper flight and was unable too.

Just thought I would share.

I have gotten a rental car from Budget at FLL and dropped it off at the Sheraton Brickel hotel right near the bridge to the island where the ships port. There has been no drop off charge for this. I then take a taxi to the port about 2 miles away, less then a $10 fare. There are usually 4 of us so the savings is huge.

To OP:

If you are going to rent a car and drive to the port West Palm Beach could be another alternative if the air fare makes sense, it is a bit north up the coast but might look into that as well.

Good luck with your plans and have a great cruise.

Archived