Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to JFK

We have a cruise that ends at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. We need transportation to JFK. Our flight leaves at noon. Are there plenty of taxi cabs at the cruise terminal or would a private car be a better solution? Any suggestions and approximate costs would be greatly appreciated.:o

We have a cruise that ends at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. We need transportation to JFK. Our flight leaves at noon. Are there plenty of taxi cabs at the cruise terminal or would a private car be a better solution? Any suggestions and approximate costs would be greatly appreciated.:o

Car service is the way to go, taxi's don't generally find their way out of Manhattan unless they're taking someone to a specific place.

Car service fare will probably be in the $25-$40 range. Do a search online for "brooklyn car service" and call a few places up.

BTW, a noon departure at JFK might be cutting it close. Traffic can be bad out to JFK at any time of the day (weekends included). Plus once you get there, depending on which airline/terminal combo, it can be a bit of a time to actually get to your gate.

Car service is the way to go, taxi's don't generally find their way out of Manhattan unless they're taking someone to a specific place.

Car service fare will probably be in the $25-$40 range. Do a search online for "brooklyn car service" and call a few places up.

BTW, a noon departure at JFK might be cutting it close. Traffic can be bad out to JFK at any time of the day (weekends included). Plus once you get there, depending on which airline/terminal combo, it can be a bit of a time to actually get to your gate.

I know of no car service that charges $25.00 to Kennedy. The normal charge is about $40.00. Get a car service. Cabs there are the ones dropping people off. They don't come to cue up as they do at the Manhattan terminal as JJPNYC says above. I use Arecibo at 7187836465. Without traffic it can be as short as 30-40 minutes (by the BQE and Belt parkway) or an hour or an hour and half or more.

Thank you so much for the information. I will contact some car services and arrange an early pick-up. Do you think it safe to be picked up at 8 a.m. for a noon flight out of JFK? It will be a Tuesday morning - if that makes any difference on traffic.

Thanks again!

We're going to use Eastern Car Service ($35 one way they said). I know how to get them for the trip to the pier and they said we could book our return trip with the driver for coming back.

My question is with all the cars picking up at the pier at debarkation, how will we know which one is OUR car? Do they stand with a name sign for you? Also, is it reliable to book that return trip with the driver or should I insist on prebooking it with the company office?

Kim

Typically these cars can be identified in a couple of different ways:

- they'll have a window sticker along with the car's number: i.e. Eastern Car Service - 123

- they'll have a little board with your name on it hanging from a window

As for arranging the return trip to the airport, I'd probably book it directly with the car service's dispatch directly. With the driver offering means he's probably going to do it off the books and just pocket the entire fare himself. Nothing illegal with this, but you are depending on him only to be there. If you book it with the dispatcher, they'll make sure a car is there, even if a driver is sick or something like that.

Thanks for the info JJP and I will take your advice and prebook that return trip. I'm glad that they have your name in the window so you'll know "your" guy.

Kim

Archived