RC - First Time Cruiser - Price Drop ?

Hi -

I am setting sail on May 27 AOS for my first RC cruise and I am very very excited! I do have a question about price drops. I was reading through past posts and noticed that you can get credited for a price drop on the reservation. If I booked online, do i just check the price of the same "category" cabin between now and my cruise, and if for some reason it is less than i paid call RC? If so, i must be living in a bubble for not knowing about this!

Thanks!

You understand Price drops completely. but also check one cat above and below. Your cat might be sold out, but if the cats above and below show price drop, you might be able to get one in your cat as well. It has happened to me.

Yes!

It's that simple - unless the price is for a special sale or qualified as for 'new bookings only'.

We booked a year ago and have had two reductions since them. (Apparently you can get the credit for reductions tp to 24 hours before departure.)

(If you're used to the airlines and how they treat their customers, I'm sure this will be a pleasant surprise! :D )

Yes and if you booked thru RCI then you can call them directly for your credit. I am a first time cruiser and I learned about price drops from reading this board. I booked thru a TA and nobody ever mentioned price drops. I've gotten 3 price reductions for a total of $1200. We leave on Sat. for out first cruise and I feel much better about the price we paid now. I'm also glad that I checked pretty often and found a cabin in my category for a lower price so keep checking.

I'm also new to this and so glad I found this thread. I asked my TA about price reductions and she said yes but only up to final payment. I have read on the boards that it is RCI's policy to give credit right up until sail date. Is this true and if so what is the advantage of booking with a TA vs direct with RCI, and does the same apply to Celebrity? I'm just wondering if I should move the cruises I've booked with a TA over to RCI and Celebrity direct? Thanks for all your help in advance.:)

I'm also new to this and so glad I found this thread. I asked my TA about price reductions and she said yes but only up to final payment. I have read on the boards that it is RCI's policy to give credit right up until sail date. Is this true and if so what is the advantage of booking with a TA vs direct with RCI, and does the same apply to Celebrity? I'm just wondering if I should move the cruises I've booked with a TA over to RCI and Celebrity direct? Thanks for all your help in advance.:)

Good question, I hope someone can clarify. Also, the "yes up to final payment", is that imposed by the TA or RCCL? There could be some reason, maybe the cost of paying TA commission, that RCCL is more willing to refund up until sail date UNLESS a TA is involved. I would think the TA would want refunds to process the same way or it is a disincentive to use a TA.

I just got my 3rd reduction and I'm leaving tomorrow morning. Its up until you sail. I made my final payment like 2 months ago and got 2 price drops after that. I had to have my agent make the call to RCI and she did.

Some TAs will not refund after final payment, if yours has this policy and told you in advance then you know its their policy. I would avoid booking with a TA who did this unless you got a nice freebie out of the booking or had some other reason for using them.

Alison11,

We are also going on AOS on May 27th. If it makes you feel any better I have been checking for about 3 months now and there has been a price increase, no decrease. I am in a Grand Suite and that might make a difference as those rooms were booked very early. If you find something let us know. Hey have you signed up for our meet and mingle? Would love to meet you it is on Monday in the Blue Moon lounge. Get on the Roll Call and meet some of the others going with us. Happy Cruising!

Archived