How much $ to go from San Juan Pier to Airport?

Hello.

For the first time, I booked all parts of our vacation separately (hotel in SJ the night before directly with Marriott; flight via expedia; cruise via my travel agent). I didn't opt to add on the airport transfers through the cruise, because that would mean we would have to go from the hotel in the morning (which is between the airport and pier) back to the airport, which is in the opposite direction as the pier. For that leg of the trip, we'll just take a taxi from the hotel. I'm wondering if we can just pay for one of the big bus rides back to the airport on the day of departure??? Do we need to reserve a spot ahead of time somehow, or can we just hand them some cash and board the bus??? I've never paid any attention to people getting on without a voucher.

Thx.

You have to buy your transfers through the cruiseline ahead of time, not sure if you need to do it before you leave or it can be done on the ship. I would skip it though since the taxis are readily available and they are price controlled, it will be about $25 for the taxi. If you go with the transfers you have to wait for the bus to fill and then you arrive at the airport with 40 or your close personal friends and you are now your own crowd trying to check in. So much easier to just grab a taxi and go.

Don't waste your time with the bus transfer - you'll get to the airport at the same time as hundreds of your closest friends and will be in line forever for checkin. Take a cab - they have dispatchers at the pier who will fill out a form telling the cab driver where you're going and how much it is (it's regulated by the government).

From the Panamerican pier it's $19 to the airport plus 50 cents per bag (last time I checked, anyway).

Enjoy the cruise!

PS - looks like Sue L. and I had the same brainwave!

Archived