Royal Caribbean AOS - Voyager Kids Club

Laughing Gull

This is now my third attempt to post this!

My daughter is so excited to read the activities listed on the RCI website for kids her age (10 years). I've tried telling her they may not offer ALL the activities on the cruise we've booked - Southern Caribbean departing from San Juan.

Any advice and suggestions would be really appreciated.

In my experience all the things listed will happen. The specific timing may be slightly off. If your daughter sees something she really wants to do make sure she is there for the whole specific session (morning, afternoon, night) Some people complain because the rely too heavily on the times listed. Things get flip/flopped or the kids don't seem too into the activity and they move on. But I have never had an entire "theme" changed or scapped for a "free for all". It has always been well organized for that age group.

Thanks Vicki.

I've seen copies of Compass (is that the correct name?) the onboard activity paper. Do they issue one for kids too? Is this something the ship hands out each day?

There IS a kids compass. Every night you will have one delivered to your room for your daughter. It will list all of the activities for the next day.

My kids were in the 3-5 and the 6-8 group so I don't have the 9 year old Compass.

I can tell you Day 3 for us for the 6-8 year old group

Port Day

7:30 Early AM Carttons

8:30 - Breakfast in the Windjammer

9am - Nintendo Power AM

9:15 - Nintendo Character Match Up

9:30 - Mario Go Kart Races

10am - Donkey King Balloon Squad

10:20 - Princess Zelda's Building Challenge

10:45 Duck HUnt

11am - MegaMan Wrap

11:20 Super Smash Brothers

Noon-1pm Lunch

Then activities all afternoon, ours were centered on Mexico cause we were in Cozumel

Then at night

Around the World Party

Get the Passports Ready

Hockey By Numbers

Sumo Wrestling

Adventure Art - Flags

Egyptian Baseball

10pm - 1am - Late NIght Party Zone

Thanks crusinmama. Your posts are always so helpful!

You're very welcome :D

I just asked Morgan (the 7 year old) what cool things they had for the 10 year old club and she said:

--"They had cooler video games than us"

--"They had Bingo"

--"They had a dance floor"

lol...from the mouth of a 7 year old...lol

Morgan's reply is very cute!

Actually, one of the things I am concerned about is that the kids just get a lot of TV watching and video game playing. We could stay home and do that (lol)

I saw NO tv watching when Morgan was at AO. I know cartoons are in the early am on port days, but Morgan wasn't there at those times. When I stopped in to check on her, they were constantly engrossed in one physical activity or another.

Moreso than the younger group. The younger group were all crafts crafts crafts, less physical play.

I know the big nights were the pirate parade, the circus and the talent show.

Do not worry about that. My kids cruised many, many times in that age group and have recently moved on to the teen. We have been on plenty of 7 day and 3 14 day cruises. The TV is minimal, usually only the last 20 min of the night session to get the kids to kind of wind down and get ready for pick up. The video games are mostly used by the boys who get permission not to do the "girly" arts and craft project or something of that nature. My daughter could not even tell you what games they had because she loved doing whatever else was planned. The video games just seem to be another option for those who want to opt out of whatever else is going on.

Good! One less thing to worry about!!

VikkiGarcia - how old are your boys?

Mine are 14 and 17.

The seventeen year old likes to dress up but the 14 year old thinks pants should hang off his behind or they don't fit properly. :rolleyes: He was the one I thought for sure would not want to go on the cruise but he surprised us all and while not wildly enthusiastic about our plans like the others, at least he is showing interest.

If my 7 year old pitches a total fit, will they let him go in the group with his 9 year old brother or are they sticklers for the age groups. I'd rather him be with his own age group but if he won't go without his brother, i'd rather have him with the older kids than not go at all. Anyone have experience with this?

Casachic,

We have a similar dliemma. When we go on our cruise it will be only 2 weeks before our 14 yr old turns 15. What what I have gathered reading on these boards, it is more likely that your older son can join the younger group. Everyone advises to approach the counseler very nicely and explain your concern and then MAYBE your younger one can move up. I phoned RCI and they said since there was only 2 weeks before my son turned 15 that he could probably move up but he might have to spend a day in the younger group first. We explained all of this to our son and he understands that there is a chance he may not get into the older group. Also good for him to know it's the cruise ship's policy not just mom and dad being their usual mean selves . :D

If my 7 year old pitches a total fit, will they let him go in the group with his 9 year old brother or are they sticklers for the age groups. I'd rather him be with his own age group but if he won't go without his brother, i'd rather have him with the older kids than not go at all. Anyone have experience with this?

This is a tougher situation than most. You *may* be able to move your 9 year old down but I doubt they would let the 7 year old move up. Usually when they allow it the child is only days or weeks from the other age group...in this case your child is years. :(

I can tell you that my 7 year old LOVED LOVED LOVED the club for that age group. Just prepare them that they will have to be separated. Then if you do get your older one moved down, it will be an added bonus. :)

Archived