On board credt as a gift?

jannam

My in-laws would generously like to purchase some on board credit as a gift for the anniversary cruise DH and I are taking on Carnival Victory. I tried looking around Carnival's site to find the answer, but only see the gift certificates that you can purchase and have mailed. Our cruise is only two weeks away at this point (June 3rd) and we are worried that they wouldn't arrive in time.

Does anyone know of a way that my mother-in-law could call and purchase on board credit for us that would automatically be added to our account? Thanks in advance for any advice!

--Janna

My in-laws would generously like to purchase some on board credit as a gift for the anniversary cruise DH and I are taking on Carnival Victory. I tried looking around Carnival's site to find the answer, but only see the gift certificates that you can purchase and have mailed. Our cruise is only two weeks away at this point (June 3rd) and we are worried that they wouldn't arrive in time.

Does anyone know of a way that my mother-in-law could call and purchase on board credit for us that would automatically be added to our account? Thanks in advance for any advice!

--Janna

Yuppers! Have her call 1-800-Carnival. Make sure she has your booking # and cabin#.

Have an awesome trip!

You can wait until you get on the cruise and tell the purser's desk you want separate accounts and to put the fun ship dollars on HIS account..

That was what someone told me, but I would love to hear confirmation.

The only reason i asked was because i read somewhere that you had to send the funships dollars back to carnival so they could process them. someone had posted before that the pursers desk would not take them once they were on the ship.

i have always took them to the pursers desk--if someone refused them i would have asked to speak to someone else.

suppose if i just got them in the mail 2 weeks before my cruise-not enough time to send them in--but i was never questioned.

on the back of each certificate it states they must be mailed in- i dont trust doing that coz where is the proof of what i sent?

i also dont like placing cabin credit as i buy many certifcates over the course of time

--Janna

Janna,

You can also purchase the funship dollars online and have them applied to your OBC without them being mailed to you.

You select the denomination you wish to purchase, than type persons name in and on address line 1 type ( your booking number)

Than on address line 2 type ( use as onboard credit)

than obviousily city,state,zip and phone

And within 2 days you'll get 2 confrimation emails from carnival stating purchase and has been applied to OBC account.print receipts just in case and wholla...

I cruise in Dec and have been doing this like $25.00 every check and my account is up to $200.00 already.

Liberty 2/26/06

Freedom 12/1/07

Liberty of seas 4/19/08 ??

Archived