laundry on Volendam

kathy_bc

We are on a b-2-b cruise on the volendam. I am only going to pack enough for 1 week and then wash the clothes.

I was thinking of washing it at the end of the cruise, but now I am thinking washing it at the beginning of the next cruise.

Has anyone done this??? Does that make more sense?

I was thinking that the machines might be full at the end of the cruise.

Also, does anyone know how much it costs, and if you can buy soap/fabric softener there?

Thanks!

kathy

Volendam washers - $2 - get quarters from the front desk. Dryers - $1. The machines are hooked up to a soap dispenser - just push the button. Take your own dryer sheets.

Whenever we do back-to-back cruises, I do my laundry very early on the next to the last morning or the intransit morning as there is very little open in Seward at that hour. Also, since so many people will be leaving the VERY early in the morning, the Lido and dining rooms are open until only 8 AM.

The Volendam has laundry rooms on most of the passenger decks except the Navigation (suite) deck.

HAL provides laundry detergent that is biodegradable and does not want you to use other products. It is dispensed in the wash cycle which costs $2.00 in quarters. Dry cycle is $1.00. Do bring dryer sheets but not fabric softener. I pack with dryer sheets so accomplish 2 purposes.

Laundry rooms are busiest on at-sea days. There are 4 washers and 4 dryers per deck. You could try washing when first group of pax are debarking, or you might try during your off dinner hour. Wash late for early seating etc. Some early risers go for the gold at 6am but it could be noisy for surrounding cabins, not the machine noise just congregating pax chatting.

Hope this helps,

GN

Archived