Reservations for Camp carnival?

mishawn

Nope but believe me you WILL be fine. The first night they have is registration night. Kind of a meet and greet for the camp counselors and the kids. You can walk through the rooms and see what it looks like. IF your child is in the 2-5 year old group then that's the night you'll get a pager.

The activities start the next morning. I have never seen or read here that there was a camp maximum. They WILL make room. They know how many kids will be onbord before the sailing (they go by the bookings).

Camp Carnival is free. The only think you will pay for is if your child stays after 10pm for the Late Night Slumber Party ($6 for the 1st kid, $4 for the 2nd per hour) During the late night slumber party they bring in cookies and milk, play games and watch movies.

You can also pay for your child to take part in the Build A Buddy activities at Camp Carnival (like Build A Bear). It's $19.95 and the kids can do it at camp, during the Family Acitivity hour in one of the lounges OR you can ask to take a pack back to the cabin and do it yourself.

IMG_0588.jpg

If you have any more questions about the camp, I would be happy to try to answer them for ya.

Thanks so much for the information. I figured they probably wouldn't turn a crying 5 year old away, but I'd hate to be wrong. I love the build a buddy idea, my daughter will love it. She's going to be six in a few weeks, do you think the 2-5 group will be ok for her? I'm sure all my kids will have fun.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the information. I figured they probably wouldn't turn a crying 5 year old away, but I'd hate to be wrong. I love the build a buddy idea, my daughter will love it. She's going to be six in a few weeks, do you think the 2-5 group will be ok for her? I'm sure all my kids will have fun.

Thanks again.

Yep, no turning kids away. ;) Now they WILL close an age group from kids that aren't that age. So if the cruise is REALLY crowded with kids and the one age group is filled...let's say the 6-8 group, and your daughter is 5 NOW but will turn 6 in a week or two, then they *may* not allow her to move up (if you want her too)

But what you can do is on the first night, ask the camp counselor NICELY. And that's the key...being NICE...lol. I saw sooo many parents arguing with the counselors that their 2 year old SHOULD be in with their 8 year old cause they won't want to be separated. THAT didn't fly. ;)

Sometimes they will allow the child to attend the older group for one day and they will observe her. If she does well in that group, then they will leave her there.

What you can do is to grab the Kid Camp Capers (the activity schedule) placed on the wall outside the kid's camp. Grab one from EACH group (the 2-5 group and the 6-8 group). See which activities your daughter would enjoy more. THEN talk to the couselors. She may surprise you and ask to stay in the younger group. I know my oldest daughter (then 4 turning 5) did that on the Disney Ship. She liked the activities for the younger group better.

Have a great cruise! :D

Archived