Christmas cruise on the Carnival Valor

onemomo2

Our family is taking its first Carnival cruise on the Carnival Valor over Christmas (12/19/04 sail-a-way). I've sailed on Royal Caribbean 3 times and we took the kids (7 & 13 by Christmas) on the Disney Cruise last year. I've always heard Carnival was not as good as Royal Caribbean, but the ship will be brand new and I've always wanted to take a Christmas cruise so I leaped at a deal I got on-line. Now I'm nervous about being disappointed. Anybody have any comments? Especially since I'll have my kids and if they're not happy, they'll make sure I'm not either!

melissa

RCCL - Nordic Empress 3/94

RCCL - Voyager of the Seas 3/02

Disney Magic - 8/03

RCCL - Magesty of Seas 5/04

Carnival Valor - 12/04

We took our first Carnival cruise last month after cruising on Royal Caribbean a few times. I was worried that Carnival would be too much of a party ship and that it would just not measure up. Boy was I wrong. My kids (13 and 14) had a great time. Lots of families and lots of activities. I never saw out of control kids or adults. It seemed a lot like the Royal Caribbean vacations we had taken. You will love it as will your family.

Both you and the kids--especially the kids--will be pleased. After Disney, most consider Carnival to have the most comprihensive children's program on cruise ships. I'm sure everyone will enjoy being on a holiday cruise.

Hi Melissa,

I'm sure you or the kids won't be disappointed. We just booked this cruise yesterday....what a deal for a Christmas cruise, and a brand new ship! We have not done Royal Caribbean lately so I can't compare. Really...how can any cruise be a bad cruise?!?

We sailed Carnival 2 years ago and had a great time. I'm sure on this cruise the ship will be filled with kids.

Hi All... I have a roll call for this cruise on the Roll Call boards.. now I know of 6 or 7 families.. who will be cruising.. I have a 14yr.old son.. and he has been busy chatting with some of the other kids cruising on this voyage.. Please go on over to the roll call and tell us about your family.. we will all try to arrange to meet onboard...

Friends just got back from a crusie on the Diamond Princess with their 14yr. old boys.. who have been on 7 cruises.. and she said it would be back to Carnival for her sons... the Diamond Princess had no arcade room and very small kids room... they didn't meet many.. Her kids who are savy cruisers like Carnival best...

I like the idea of a squeakly clean...ship!!!

Archived