Carnival Ensenada Port Call and Paradise Info

eponym

We have booked several Carnival cruises between June 07 and April 08, that one way or another will have a port call in Ensenada Mexico.

Are there any insights as to Carnival tips/tricks/ avoidances on board the Paradise and in particular Ensenada, that can be shared?

What are considered the best experiences when going ashore? I know that there is the FOx studios and winery tours. We have previously seen the blowhole, but what are some great family type ideas for Ensenada, whether booked through Carnival Excursions or NOT?

It otherwise seems a little strange to me that Carnival's Paradise and other ships would have Ensenada as a constant port call over the years, if there was truly little attraction there. I tried to search the site for details and now I'm just hoping that I am either too inept to have found a vein of info or am just missing where the info may reside.

Help would be appreciated.

Successful Sailing!

EPO

It otherwise seems a little strange to me that Carnival's Paradise and other ships would have Ensenada as a constant port call over the years, if there was truly little attraction there.

Geography.

The only attraction there is that it's pretty much the only port that meets the requirements of the Passenger Service Act that can be reached in a day's sailing from LA.

It's either Ensenada or forget about serving the 9 million people of LA County (and let's not forget Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and Ventura Counties) with short cruises. The accent is on the cruising experience and not the destinations which we can reach by car.

Geography.

The only attraction there is that it's pretty much the only port that meets the requirements of the Passenger Service Act that can be reached in a day's sailing from LA.

It's either Ensenada or forget about serving the 9 million people of LA County (and let's not forget Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and Ventura Counties) with short cruises. The accent is on the cruising experience and not the destinations which we can reach by car.

Yep, thanks, it sure *looks* that way...

We were in Ensenada on the Paradise last July - there really wasn't much for shore tours - just the Blow Hole, which we felt was not worth the money - and the winery tour as well as golf. We were told not to go on the fishing trips as there was no guarantee of returning to shore on time, We chose to take the city bus to the downtown area but were very disappointed. If we ever went to Ensenada again, we would stay on the ship and enjoy the pool and spa!

Archived