Cunard 2009 World Cruise Blog

Kims Aunt

Hi everyone,

Just thought some of you might be interested in this new blog I found. Someone is planning their 2009 World Cruise on Cunard and, I thought it might be fun to follow, especially those of us who will also be taking a world cruise in 2009.

Here's the link: World Cruise 2009

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

Just thought some of you might be interested in this new blog I found. Someone is planning their 2009 World Cruise on Cunard and, I thought it might be fun to follow, especially those of us who will also be taking a world cruise in 2009.

Enjoy!

There is one for the 2008 world cruise also. It is 2008worldcruise.com

There is one for the 2008 world cruise also. It is 2008worldcruise.com

http://2008worldcruise.com/ sounds more like bunko than blog to me:

"Are you ready to join me on this fantastic voyage? Subscription for all of the newsletters, E-mails and the book is only $25 (less than 30 cents a day for the 90 day sailing).To become part of this exciting trip send your $25 subscription fee ..."

No thanks,

Paul

http://2008worldcruise.com/ sounds more like bunko than blog to me:

"Are you ready to join me on this fantastic voyage? Subscription for all of the newsletters, E-mails and the book is only $25 (less than 30 cents a day for the 90 day sailing).To become part of this exciting trip send your $25 subscription fee ..."

No thanks,

Paul

Interesting that you would see it as a bunko. I thought the concept was a rather clever way to presell a book about a world cruise. Not everyone is willing to give away their intellectual rights for free. Plus it is from an older male prospective which is quite rare these days.

Interesting that you would see it as a bunko. I thought the concept was a rather clever way to presell a book about a world cruise. Not everyone is willing to give away their intellectual rights for free. Plus it is from an older male prospective which is quite rare these days.

Unfortunately, people see the internet as a free domain and are naturally suspect when someone offers to sell a subscription for something that LOTS of people give away for free. I say that if he wants to sell a book, he should market the book and not a "subscription" to his blog.

Of course, who knows. He might actually be successful with his marketing technique and may sell both loads of subscriptions as well as a truckload of books. Stranger things have happened.

Blue skies ...

--rita

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Enjoy!

unfortunately, reading the latest entry here, it seems that the blogger who was writing this has picked up her pencil and decamped already.....something about taking offence at what was said about her in cruisecritic....alright...which one of you was it!!!!

Funny how "Kim's Aunt" has only ever had two posts on Cruise Critic......wonder if Kim has an aunt called 'Tina'.........:rolleyes:

At least we do know Cunard has told her that the 2009 World Cruise itineraries will be out in late June....though goodness knows how reliable that is (Cunard...not Kim/Tina)

Peter

Funny how "Kim's Aunt" has only ever had two posts on Cruise Critic......wonder if Kim has an aunt called 'Tina'.........:rolleyes:

At least we do know Cunard has told her that the 2009 World Cruise itineraries will be out in late June....though goodness knows how reliable that is (Cunard...not Kim/Tina)

Peter

ok peter., fess up., it was you wasnt it....its your fault we wont have the benefit of a blog on the world cruise..... !:D

ok peter., fess up., it was you wasnt it....its your fault we wont have the benefit of a blog on the world cruise..... !:D

Oh, I don't think I should steal the credit from either Paul or Rita:

sounds more like bunko than blog to me No thanks, Paul
LOL ... gotta give him credit. He's trying to work it out so that WE pay for his voyage. LOL ... nice try ... but I've got my own world cruise to save up for. :)Blue skies ...--rita

Peter

Something is not right here.The person who is offering this subscription at $25.00 wrote that she hopes all 3 Cunard Ships QE2,QM2 and the Queen Victoria will do the 2009 World Cruise as all 3 above ships will do the 2008 World Cruise.She got that quote wrong.Only the Queen Victoria is doing the full 2008 world cruise while the QE2 does in 2008 the cruise down to South America then cruises around the Pacific rim.The QM2 does from January to April,2008 Caribbean Cruises out of New York not a world cruise.Take my advice do not send this person any money.She should pay for her world cruise with her own money. Regards Cedric1902(Jerry is my real name)

Something is not right here.The person who is offering this subscription at $25.00 wrote that she hopes all 3 Cunard Ships QE2,QM2 and the Queen Victoria will do the 2009 World Cruise as all 3 above ships will do the 2008 World Cruise.She got that quote wrong.Only the Queen Victoria is doing the full 2008 world cruise while the QE2 does in 2008 the cruise down to South America then cruises around the Pacific rim.The QM2 does from January to April,2008 Caribbean Cruises out of New York not a world cruise.Take my advice do not send this person any money.She should pay for her world cruise with her own money. Regards Cedric1902(Jerry is my real name)

Yes and interestingly enough....she said she was a travel agent. HOpefully she didnt take too many bookings !!

Hmm! She has shut up shop a little quickly hasn't she? I had thought that the community's responses to her were pretty neutral, whereas they had been broadly negative towards Mr Wibel. He at least was upfront about his plan; perhaps Tina had similar intentions that have now been thwarted. We may never know, seeing as she has decamped in high dudgeon. Maybe she should have read the posts a little more carefully before exiting!

Hmm! She has shut up shop a little quickly hasn't she? I had thought that the community's responses to her were pretty neutral, whereas they had been broadly negative towards Mr Wibel. He at least was upfront about his plan; perhaps Tina had similar intentions that have now been thwarted. We may never know, seeing as she has decamped in high dudgeon. Maybe she should have read the posts a little more carefully before exiting!

I'm sorry she took offense. She would have been better off coming on here and defending her strategy, rather than just pulling up stakes. Maybe there are some who would have gladly subscribed to her blog.

Blue skies ...

--rita

unfortunately, reading the latest entry here, it seems that the blogger who was writing this has picked up her pencil and decamped already.....something about taking offence at what was said about her in cruisecritic....alright...which one of you was it!!!!

Actually, that's what she probably should have done from the get go. If she blogs her entire cruise, then what motivation will people have to buy her book? If she truly plans to write a book, she should focus on that and to heck with the blog. When the book is ready for sale, she can then present selected excerpts on a web site ... just to pique interest ... and then direct folks to Amazon to purchase the book.

But if you blog the whole thing first ... as my momma used to say "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" If she's got a good product, she can make more on the book than she would have if she had blogged her trip too.

Blue skies ...

--rita

• 3 weeks later...

Archived