Excursions with 1.5 yr. old

babars

We'll be traveling on the NCL from Vancouver to Alaska (June 24), and are wondering if any of you did any Alaska excursions with a 1.5 yr. old. Specifically, we're interested in doing the train ride in Skagway but are concerned that it may bore our daughter. Is there space to walk around inside the train? Any thoughts? Any other excursion ideas?

Thanks.

We took the train ride and it was beautiful - for adults. I think I'd book that excursion when your child was 10 or older, depending on his/her interests. You could walk a bit but it can sway and between cars there are open platforms. There is a narrator on the trains and he can be a little difficult to hear, and if a child is not having a good time....it may become frustrating for others on the train who are trying to hear - especially at the price of the excursion.

I think there was a park near the train station and there is shopping. I wasn't looking for something for a toddler so not sure exactly. I am sure someone out there can help with suggestions.

Archived