Code P1S works thru 2/15/08 4A and up

firefly333

I got the email for this Thursday's sale. On the Ecstasy I noticed if you pay for a 4A you can go to a 5A port hole. Iv been waiting for that sale, but wish it was good for IS guarantee and up. You have to pay for a 4A cruise fare.

Says "select sailings" so it doesnt apply to every sailing ("Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Miracle or Legend.).

Code works already even though it says for this Thursday.

I only tried it for Ecstasy.

Thats strange that a 6a and 8a would be priced the same. Dont know what Carnival is thinking.

As my original post says, upgrades on Miracle Oceanview category do not apply. That was in the small print.

wierd.

I just tried calling Carnival about this sale, and even though I can pull it up online, the PVP said "I suggest you call back on Thursday to see what has opened up." We are already booked on conquest (switched from another ship that originally was booked with the one day upgrade sale and all the better cabins were gone when rebooked) so we have been waiting to see if any better deals open up.

He acted like he can't act on the sale until Thurs. even tho I can pull it up. However, the prices are higher than what we paid for ours.

Thats strange that a 6a and 8a would be priced the same. Dont know what Carnival is thinking.

As my original post says, upgrades on Miracle Oceanview category do not apply. That was in the small print.

wierd.

Maybe I should have worded that differetly. The cost of a 6a costs the same with the code and without the code. The cost of a 8a which is higher than the 6a, costs the same with the code as it does without the code.

I compared 2 cruises using both the sale code and the code for past guest and the past guest was a lot cheaper on both for next Jan. in Cat. 8. Has anyone else seen this?

Past guest codes will almost always end up cheaper. This sale is open to anyone, so Carnival isnt going to give them a lower price than the price they offer to past guests.

Past guest codes will almost always end up cheaper. This sale is open to anyone, so Carnival isnt going to give them a lower price than the price they offer to past guests.

Don't these emails go out to mostly past guests:confused:

My PVP told me the same thing today - FYI the Freedom isn't offering many discounts -(past passenger or the sale pricing for thursday) for Jan/Feb 08

I used it on line to check for our Jan. Spirit cruise and it offered an upgrade from 4a to 5a. I already took advantage of the dp7 code and saved over $400.00 on this sailing and was upgraded from the Riviera to the Empress. When I called about the 5A upgrade the first person I talked to said that the 5a's were sold out. I hung up and called right back, the next person gave me the upgrade, no questions asked. The problem was that I had to pay the 4A price associated with the p1s code which ended up being $290.00 (total) more for the five of us. I think it would have been totally worth it, but Hubby said no:( . He is such an inside snob, likes to sleep in very dark room any time of day and something about the TV and the glare. I figure I am so rarely in the room it really doesn't matter.

That's why I added the caveat that you had to pay for a 4a, not a IS guarantee or 1A. It would be $140 more for the two of us to pay for a 4A. I wouldnt do it unless we could get into a balcony cheap, so we are keeping our guarantee.

Archived