Suggestions for a Birthday Dinner in Papeete

joyride

We will be arriving in Tahiti 2 days prior to our TP cruise. Our second night (Saturday Night 8/11) is my birthday and we would like to celebrate with a nice dinner.

We are staying at the InterContential and I think that they have a local show with a dinner or they have the Le Lotas Restaurant which is supposed to be nice but pricey.

So, would you do one of these choices at the IC or venture out somewhere else for dinner? I read that some of the restaurants will pick you up to take you to their place. I'm sure we could arrange something with the Concierge at the IC once we get there, but I would rather make arrangements in advance.

I'm thinking that it would be fun to venture out and sample some of the local flavor. Any ideas? I pretty much like any kind of food. I'm not a huge seafood fan, but there usually are thing that I will eat.

Thanks!

Two suggestions. "E mea maita'i roa teie" is good for Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese and Le Lotus at the IC. Friends of ours were at both places in March 07. Of the two they like Le Lotus more because Saturday night was the Polynesian dancers.

Definitely Le Belvedere - have the hotel desk call them up and they will pick you up. It is a fun and terrifying trip up 1800 ft above the sea overlooking Moorea. I think there are 2 seatings for dinner- one for sunset and one for starlight dinner. The hairpin turns (about 70 of them) are truly scary - but we all had a lot of fun and it was truly worth the trip.

• 3 weeks later...

I felt like it was a combo - jungle tour and dinner. I will say - skip the fondue pot if you aren't used to oil. The fish looked great and the people were nice last time I was there.

I'm sure there are better restaurants, but it was a great experience.

One more vote for Le Belvedere - but definitely have them pick you up. Everything was arranged for us through the Princess deck and it was a great way to get to know your fellow passengers prior to your cruise. We became fast friends with a pair of lady travellers and I still write to them (2004 TP trip). We loved our time there, but much of that was because of the friendsips we struck up prior to boarding.

Hope you have a great cruise, good birthday and don't forget to review!

Charlie

Archived