Why The Negative and Inaccurate Posts of Late???

Iamboatman

Over the last few months I have seen a real increase in the number of negative (and, in each case, inaccurate) threads or posts. Seabourn is for sale. The new ships are knockoffs and compromises. The new ships aren't going to be built. The Pride will be out of service for an extended period. The President wasn't around on the President's Cruise, etc., etc.

It is really off-putting when people feel the need to post bad things that just aren't true or post rumors as facts and then defend the rumor and ignore the facts. Sure there can be things that go wrong and obviously posting and discussing them is, in part, what this forum is about. But when it unfairly affects/worries people about to take a cruise or bashes Seabourn for no legitimate purpose, one can only wonder why.

This is not a "cheerleading" thread. It is, more to the point, an observation; and a disturbing one. This forum used to be about the fantasy of a Seabourn cruise and the good times/tours/travels associated with them. Now it seem there is a lot of "Get 'em". What gives?

Thank you thank you thank you.

Many of the board members here have direct links to Seabourn.

Some are also employees.

Better to form some of the comments as questions, and they will be answered.

rgds

Sailor

Actually, there seem to be more positive posts, even "cheerleading," on the Seabourn Board than any other CC Board. If you doubt it, check out some of the other Boards, where the negativism is depressing indeed. It makes you think that cruising and complaining go hand-in-hand.

Dear Eric, We couldnot agree with you more. It does seem, to us in the short time we have actually been reading these posts, that people are dwelling on many negative things, most of which are imagined and completely unwarranted and frankly non-existent. Travel on Seabourn is about as easy and good as it gets - they literally make everything go smoothly. Maybe it is just the way some people are these days. We noticed on board that a small minority complainted constantly! They wanted a refund for this, something for that, certain kinds of soda, candy, silly, insignificant kinds of things. On the whole, most of us that have travelled in our lives, know Seabourn really tries very hard to make the guests feel pampered, completely at ease and there will always be those few that feel "pumped up" by bashing just about anything they can. Having been on boats most of our lives (our own), things ALWAYS go wrong from time to time, and all of this talk about it being the fault of Seabourn re: the plumbing lines should talk to any experienced sailor who has had to fix the toilets because a guest DID throw something down there! Hopefully, there will be some more positive comments on this forum and a little more interesting "conversations" - Thanks so much, Rene'

All i know is that i have been on SEABOURN just one time and i sailed with other cruise lines for about 60 cruises.

SEABOURN was the best cruise i have ever taken and i look forward to another cruise with SEABOURN.

Anyone who complains about SEABOURN should sail the other ordinary cruise lines and maybe just maybe they won't BI***.

JIM

Archived