booking a "guarantee" room

nikita

We have booked a guarantee room on our upcoming Tahitian Princess cruise in Oct. and would like to know when our room will be assigned. I've always booked the room at the time of booking so this is new to us - but the price was good so we decided to try it. Will we know our room number before boarding? (I certainly hope so!)

we always book guarantee, cabin assignment will only happen after final payment. From then until week before, and sometimes at pier! Note that they can assign you a cabin and then change it. However when that happened to us, they contacted us directly to say they had changed our cabin. So far have never been disappointed.

we always book guarantee, cabin assignment will only happen after final payment. From then until week before, and sometimes at pier! Note that they can assign you a cabin and then change it. However when that happened to us, they contacted us directly to say they had changed our cabin. So far have never been disappointed.

Not always true! We booked for next December back in January and had our assignment by March. There is no rhyme or reason to it! Could happen the day you book, could happen at the pier or anywhere in between. Just keep checking the Personalizer.

We booked for Feb. with a guarantee and the next day we had our room assignment. I was hoping for a great upgrade, but since we already have our room [ which is better than the original choices ] I think that is the room we will be in . Kris

Booked a BF guarantee for the Dawn Princess 11/04/2007 cruise to the Mexican Riviera and was assigned a BA cabin A435, just two weeks after the March 29 booking. I keep watching to see if it will be changed to anything higher, but so far it has stayed the same. I have to say I was a bit surprised it was assigned prior to final payment, which isn't due until mid August, but as someone says there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their assignment time methods. So just keep checking, you may be surprised to see a cabin number, like I was.:)

Archived