Captain and Cruise Director On Freedom???

You can check out the current captain thread to get a certain feeling of who the captain will be on your cruise. Carlos Pedercini is in command at this time, but I don't know when he took over the helm from the other Freedom-captain, Erik Tengelsen. If they switched in late April, Carlos Pedercini will be the captain on your cruise since they do minimum 10 weeks on. He's from Argentina and were the captain on Explorer when my family and I went b2b in 2005. A great guy!

I have no clue on the cruise director question, but maybe a search with cruise director and freedom as search terms will give you some answers (of some reason I can't search right now since the search engine keeps timing out:() Anyway, there's always a possibility to send a mail to RCCL and ask.

Happy sailing in June!:)

i just got off the freedom on sunday (may 20th) and the captain was carlos pedercini and the cruise director is, richard spacy (the absolute BEST cruise director IMO).

captain carlos is just returning to the freedom and few weeks ago and richard spacy also just started serving onboard a few weeks ago as well....so they both should be still on the freedom for your cruise unless RCI makes a last minute change for some reason.

i just got off the freedom on sunday (may 20th) and the captain was carlos pedercini and the cruise director is, richard spacy (the absolute BEST cruise director IMO).

captain carlos is just returning to the freedom and few weeks ago and richard spacy also just started serving onboard a few weeks ago as well....so they both should be still on the freedom for your cruise unless RCI makes a last minute change for some reason.

I second that - Richard is hilarious and it is so obvious that he loves his job. During one of the shows (can't remember which one) they did a video of the day in the life of Richard Spacey. FUNNY!! He's a great guy and RCCL sure got it right when they hired him.

I second that - Richard is hilarious and it is so obvious that he loves his job. During one of the shows (can't remember which one) they did a video of the day in the life of Richard Spacey. FUNNY!! He's a great guy and RCCL sure got it right when they hired him.

nomarfan5, he does his job so effortlessly. i sincerely believe it's his true personality, not necessarily "work" we're seeing with richard. he is really funny and very personable too.

Archived