Table seating at restaraunt

I am wondering what the seating is like. We are not anti-social people and love meeting new friends, but this year is my parents 25th wedding anniversary and we would like to keep it just family at our table (there is three in the party). I booked our cruise Friday for Sept 29th and mentioned that and they said they would do their best, but we really don't want to share this special occassion with strangers. Anyone have any hints, tips or advice.

I would book a dinner at Palo to celebrate the anniversary. It would be so special, believe me! That way you don't have to worry if your regular seating had other people at the table--and you'll get to make new friends during the rest of the cruise, but the anniversary celebration will be just for you. And it will stand out from the rest of the cruise because it is in the specialty restaurant. When we were there people were celebrating everything--even a proposal--the night we were in Palo. It is a very special experience in Palo and perfect for your parent's anniversary.

I have also be wondering what our seating would be like. In the past, just my husband and myself have cruised, so we always sit with a group and we've always had so much fun meeting new folks.

This time, with 6 of us and 4 being kids 15 and under, I wasn't sure if we'd get anyone else at a table. I assume some tables hold 8 ppl, but I'd feel sorry for the 2 "strangers" that had to sit with us and listen to us cut up, "argue", as 3 brothers will!, and talk "family" some of the time.

Does anyone know if they generally seat 6 to themselves?

I second the idea of Palo's for the specail occasion. It will truly be extra special there.

we have been 6 many times and always had the table to ourselves.

It may not happen that way for you but it has always been that way for us.

we have gone as a couple many times too and we have been the odd two at a table for 8 on a few occassions. I thought it was great fun meetintg new people and the kids loved to tell us about what they had been doing, plus once a 5 year old gave me a complete report about disney world where they had been.

Once he found out my son worked there and knew Micky personally I was his best friend!!!

I'm sure it will work out great no matter what happens,

kathy

Kathy, I have a feeling you would have a "magical time" no matter what number of ppl you sit with nor who it is!

I'd say the table that gets you guys as their dining companions is pretty lucky and sprinkled with a little "pixie dust"!

I can't believe how caught up in Disney I am getting the closer it get!~ hee hee heee......

Carla,

it really is addicitive isnt it!!!

As soon as you are about done with your cruise you will find yourself trying to figure out how soon you can come back!!! Each time you walk past the rebooking desk you will feel a hollow pitt in your stomach:eek:

My first cruise as we walked off the ship the music playing was from Snow White and it said,

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off To Work We Go!!!!

Not what I needed to hear. Ha Ha

Kathy

I can empathize with your concern. We were honeymooning last week on the Wonder and had requested a table for 2 or 4 when we booked in January.

We got a table for 8.

It was hard to see how any of us had anything at all in common, and although we all tried hard, meals were awkward. We were unable to move to another table because the ship was full... so we ended up eating at Palo (WONDERFUL--eat there every night if you can!!) and doing room service (room service is quite limited, though).

I would suggest you tell your TA of your preference, make sure that gets communicated to DCL, and then when you board the ship, re-check.

My husband and I usually go a see the dining room captain (the person in charge) on our initial rounds of the ship. Discuss our table preference, seating and location. My husband then slips him a $20 or $50. Magically, our request has never been denied. Depending on the ship and the request and the capacity my husband also states that if our request is made he'll tip him for his service at the end of the cruise. Good Luck!

Archived