Transfers from FLL

My advice is to take a cab from the port to the airport. The cost is comparable to the RCCL transfer price when you total it up by person. This will let you leave when you want to. Even on the trip from the airport to the sea port, I would recommend a cab over going on the RCCL transfer.

We sailed the explorer's 5 night western caribbean sailing that returned to Miami on 5/9.

Our flight was from FLL at noon, so we could not use RCCL transfers, etiher.

On the east coast departure board, I had seen top shuttle recommended by another cruiser recently, so I contacted them and booked in advance.

They ask that you contact them via cell phone as you're walking off the ship, before customs, and they advise your driver to pull to the shuttle waiting area, "G".

Took us a few minutes to locate the driver as he was inside looking for us, and I didn't expect to look for my name, but we were quickly off to FLL, arriving a little after 9 am.

Cost for the 2 of us was $75 before tip.

good luck

Wendy

Hi, I am sailing on the Liberty in Oct also (20th) and I booked a shuttle to pick us up at the airport to hotel, and then from the pier back to the airport, for 7 people and luggage, encluding the tip, is 108.00, so I do not know how many in your group, but here is a link

Fort Lauderdale transportation port, FT. Lauderdale airport transportation por Hope this might help.

Helen

you can also email me if you want more information at Ilovepj@aol.com:D

Hi Z-Ville,

The FLL port is actually 5 minutes by car to the airport. We took a cab which came up to I think USD17 total. And the port will be packed with cabs waiting in line for passengers, nothing to stress about.

OP indicated they are sailing on Liberty, which ports in Miami, not Fort Lauderdale.

to OP- I believe there are also many shuttles to Miami port available at the airport for walk up service, at a rate of $18 per person for the shared shuttle ride.

again, check east coast departures as there are several threads on the miami-FLL transfers.

happy sailing,

wendy

We are booked on Liberty in Oct. We have booked our own air and we land in FLL. Does anyone have any suggestions on transfers. Our flight on the way home leaves at 11:25 and RCCL's transfers start at 12:30 for FLL.

Thanks for you help

:D

Take a taxi!!!!! We did this in February (different cruise line) and it was less than $20 for two. We had an early flight as well, before noon, and we didn't want to risk the cruise transfer. We walked right off the ship, got in a taxi, and were at the airport before the big crowds from the cruiseline shuttles. I don't think we'll ever get transfers through the cruise lines again.

By far, you will have an easier trip to port in a cab. No waiting for luggage to be boarded or off-boarded, no waiting for the bus to fill up. Take a cab. Price is comparable to RCL transfers, and you'll be there in a flash.

Have a wonderful cruise! :o

We're doing the same thing in a couple of weeks. Our flight is just after noon. I don't want to gamble with a shuttle waiting for that last guy that didn't show up in time... Someone else posted a link to limos.com and it seems pretty good: it links you to a dozen companies at the same time. I'm in the process of getting multiple quotes through them. Possibly a little more $ than a cab but there are 4 of us with bags and dive gear so we think we need the extra space. I've received prices in the $100 range with tips, "port tax", & fuel surcharge included.

OP indicated they are sailing on Liberty, which ports in Miami, not Fort Lauderdale.

to OP- I believe there are also many shuttles to Miami port available at the airport for walk up service, at a rate of $18 per person for the shared shuttle ride.

again, check east coast departures as there are several threads on the miami-FLL transfers.

happy sailing,

wendy

Oh, thanks and sorry, didn't think of that.

Well, if you wish to save some money and not take a cab, there's this company, www floridalimo com , a shared van ride will cost you USD18 per person, you can schedule it for any time you want.

Archived