Cutty Sark

Kindlychap

No-one who loves ships can have failed to have been devasted at the awful pictures of Cutty Sark yesterday.

I fully intend to join the Friends of the Cutty Sark today.

I would point you in the direction of the following link. The link for the membership form is well hidden in the text, but is there. There is also scope for those from overseas.

http://www.cuttysark.org.uk/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.wpdtwvowobgzrrrg

I hope this doesn't break board rules, but Cunard Line posters are interested in more than just Cunarders.

Thank you.

Matthew

What on earth motivates someone to comit an act of arson along those lines is simply beyond comprehension. What grudge could someone or some group possibly have with the Cutty Sark?

Let's hope security is beefed up round the Victory to be on the safe side!

What on earth motivates someone to comit an act of arson along those lines is simply beyond comprehension. What grudge could someone or some group possibly have with the Cutty Sark?

Let's hope security is beefed up round the Victory to be on the safe side!

At least Victory is still a commissioned ship in Her Majesty's Navy. But, I agree. Time for live rounds in the guards guns!

Matthew

No-one who loves ships can have failed to have been devasted at the awful pictures of Cutty Sark yesterday.

I fully intend to join the Friends of the Cutty Sark today.

I would point you in the direction of the following link. The link for the membership form is well hidden in the text, but is there. There is also scope for those from overseas.

http://www.cuttysark.org.uk/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.wpdtwvowobgzrrrg

I hope this doesn't break board rules, but Cunard Line posters are interested in more than just Cunarders.

Thank you.

Matthew

Thank you for posting this, Matthew. This is a heartbreaking development. Let us hope Cutty Sark can be saved, and perhaps also look at what we can do to help save the S.S. United States.

Richard

Thank you for posting this, Matthew. This is a heartbreaking development. Let us hope Cutty Sark can be saved, and perhaps also look at what we can do to help save the S.S. United States.

Richard

Indeed. Both are worth saving.

Matthew

Archived