Hurricane Season to be harsh..

vacationfool

LOL, at least they have plenty of trailers hanging around....oops they cant be placed in a hurricane zone :rolleyes:

Anyway, I like the redneck forecast...rain followed by sun and clouds :D

You can't worry about things that are out of your control. And hurricanes are one of those things. If it freaks you out, don't sail in late august till the middle of october. Which are the times most hurricanes show up.

We sailed out of miami one year over columbus day. 3/4 of the ship was puking.

We were hanging out on the deck drinking, dancing etc. Lovin' those waves.

Just coming out of the channel in miami there was 15' seas. By the time we got into the ocean...it was great! 25' at least. We were rockin' and rollin'

I did feel a teensy bit bad for all the thrower-uppers. That's truly got to suck

when that happens to you. But they should stay on land where they belong then ;) Of course I'm sure some of them didn't realize they were destined to be land lubbers...lol...till that day. Not too much is going to help you once you start getting sick like that. A shot maybe, but that's about it.

If you booze it

While you cruise it

You don't lose it!

That was told to us by a very smart bartender on our 1st cruise aboard the Norwegian Majesty. 1st day seas from Boston to Bermuda were intense. We took his advice :D We were fine!!!!

I'm not worried. FEMA says they are ready this time!:rolleyes:

lol I also heard Gov. Blanco and mayor Naggin have already left louisiana after hearing of a tough hurricane season, hold on they did that last time . Fema will be more prepared, they no not to give out dollars in money cards so people can buy jewelry. Fema worked fine here in mississippi although we have a good govenor in Haley Barbour.

lol I also heard Gov. Blanco and mayor Naggin have already left louisiana after hearing of a tough hurricane season, hold on they did that last time . Fema will be more prepared, they no not to give out dollars in money cards so people can buy jewelry. Fema worked fine here in mississippi although we have a good govenor in Haley Barbour.

I agree with ya about your Governor. He is a "do'er", not a "whiner". The restoration of Mississippi reminds me of a lot of the Cajuns down here. When the waters receded most just quietly cleaned up and went back to doing their business as they have been doing for many many years.

I have some rather "strong" opinions of Governor Kat and Mayor Ray Ray but I think I'll keep them to myself.;)

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Florida too. ...

If you are concerned about hurricanes and cruising on ocean liners, then cruise from Dec. thru May. No hurricanes at that time.

We have cruised twice in January, once in late August, and once on the last day of September. The August cruise was a few days before Katrina made landfall, and the water was like glass. Ah, there's the rub. Conditions for Hurricane formation = no wind, = no waves..."the calm before the storm", if you will.

When I read cruise reviews [i'm addicted to that], I see more complaints of rough seas during the late winter and spring than during hurricane season. Of course, that could just be because the motion-sensitive folks go during that time of year.

Personally, there is no place I would rather be than on a ship when there is a 'cane about. You don't have to load a truck and run. I'd rather trust the Captain than myself in that situation.

We are cruising in July so it will probably be okay for us. But our Ta said the same thing about being on the water instead of on the land if a hurricane is coming. Also the cruise ships will let you cancel and usually give you refunds if the hurricane advisory comes up just before your cruise right?

We're from just outside of Toronto so we get the tail end of the storms but no major hurricanes since Hurricane Hazel.

It's already interesting! There's no El Nino this year, so storms have already started on both sides of the ocean.

We're up here in CT, haven't had a hurricane since 1985's Gloria. Lots of brushby's, but due to the trough off the East Coast, they bounce out to sea.

But if it wasn't for the trough....the many storms that would have hit us would have made Katrina look like a kitten...homes here aren't built to any hurricane code.

Archived