I feel cheated by my TA.....

memecakes

The best deals are with c/c themselves

BIG DISCOUNTS FOR VETERANS OF ALL CONFLICTS

Senior citizen discount -- Florida resident discount

and if prices go down you get that back too..

You get the same Military, senior & resident discounts if you go thru a TA.

Most TA's will lower the fare if the cruise price goes down, the ones that don't are usually online agencies or TA's that just don't care and want their money.

My TA gives me all the discounts as Carnival and $50 off my cruise price because i am a repeat customer, that $50 discount comes out of his commission. I check CCL's prices and he is right on with them, after my RC discount, he is cheaper.

OK you have all given me the confidence to write him an email today! (Taking my wimp suit off, putting on my supper CC suit!!!) I do like the guy. he has been helpful in the past and very friendly. I am hoping that this is maybe has just been a misunderstanding so we will see..............:) I will post back here and let you all know what his response is.

:p

You get the same Military, senior & resident discounts if you go thru a TA.

Most TA's will lower the fare if the cruise price goes down, the ones that don't are usually online agencies or TA's that just don't care and want their money.

My TA gives me all the discounts as Carnival and $50 off my cruise price because i am a repeat customer, that $50 discount comes out of his commission. I check CCL's prices and he is right on with them, after my RC discount, he is cheaper.

:p :) My TA will not give Military discounts

She say that there is not enough in it for her.

I still book other cruises with her, but nor Carnival..

Going on the Miracle in November. Celebrating my birthday.

We are always celebrataing something-- 2 or 3 cruises

a year for the past 20 + years.

I never met a cruise I didn't like.. :) :cool:

I never met a cruise I didn't like.. :) :cool:

I don't get it? She won't give you military rates because there is not enough in it for her?? Aren't your other bookings enough? I'm a TA and I just can't believe anyone would say such a thing and expect any business! Let me tell you...they are easy bookings to make , and no matter "how little" the commission is...they add up. You are a good person to give her your other business!

Please keep us updated. I think he owes you what he said he'd give you. What he makes on your cruise has nothing to do with you or your credits.

Sounds like a crawfish to me.

Please give me some advice. I have been feeling a bit cheated by my TA for the past two days sense I booked my cruise. I have used this TA before. Great service. After the first cruise he sent out a form that asked for names of referrals. On the form it said that for ever booking he received from a name that I sent to him I would get a $50 credit on my next booking. Great! I pasted on three friends that have booked with him. Two have sailed and returned. (olso loved his service) One more couple will go in February of 08. (Big Family Booking of four cabins) DH and I booked a OVG on the Triumph in October two days ago. When I remained him of our "credit" for the referrals he thanked me profusely and said he would give me the best deal he could, but there was not much room to play with the numbers because this cruise was so low as it was. I was kind of suprised ot that and did not know what to say at the time. After everything was booked the price came to $588 each. Is that any kind of a deal? It seams to me to be about the same price as on all thw web sites. What can I go back and say to him? Keep in mind that I am a wimp!!!

Just tell him he will be getting NO more referrals from you and you too will be booking your trips elsewhere.

Just tell him he will be getting NO more referrals from you and you too will be booking your trips elsewhere.

He's basically backpeddling and in a nutshell - you aren't worth it.

I would cancel and rebook elsewhere, I'm a fan of direct booking because I have a relationship with a pvp who answers directly to to Carnival and their supervisors...this could never of happened or have been promised.

Your expectations have been mismanaged and are ruined of this person and the agency they represent. It's not like you haven't brought it up a few times.

Then she is just in it for the money, not to keep her clients happy.

I'm not a TA but i do know, the way to get more business, is to have satisfied customers.

My TA gives us a Military discount & my $50 repeat customer discount, even with getting less commission, he is making more money because of all the clientel he has built up by keeping everyone happy.

I don't get it? She won't give you military rates because there is not enough in it for her?? Aren't your other bookings enough? I'm a TA and I just can't believe anyone would say such a thing and expect any business! Let me tell you...they are easy bookings to make , and no matter "how little" the commission is...they add up. You are a good person to give her your other business!

You said it.

But, I LIKE booking cruise:D

I was just thinking the same thing. Althought the discount is good, it isn't that good as to not make enough money on it to be worth her while. I just booked 2 cabins for a family, one had the military discount and was not that much cheaper. Doesn't make any sense to me to give up business.

it isn't that good as to not make enough money on it to be worth her while. I just booked 2 cabins for a family, one had the military discount and was not that much cheaper. Doesn't make any sense to me to give up business.

We always save about $600 on our cabin with the Military discount.

Carnival is the one taking the discount off, not the TA.

My TA gets a fee regardless of discount.

The Posters TA makes it sound like she has to take the entire discount off her commission.

The Posters TA makes it sound like she has to take the entire discount off her commission.

My clients cabin discount was not that big. It only amounted $400.00 p/ quad cabin which I guess may vary ( It was the first time I had done one). But I certainly wouldn't have told them I wouldn't do it. :rolleyes:

This isn't correct...yes, ccl gives the discount, but that affects the commission that the TA receives. Does your TA charge a fee to book a cruise? If that is the case, then she is not losing that much, however most TA's do not charge fees for cruise boookings.

This isn't correct...yes, ccl gives the discount, but that affects the commission that the TA receives. Does your TA charge a fee to book a cruise? If that is the case, then she is not losing that much, however most TA's do not charge fees for cruise boookings.

The discount does not come out of our commission. However, it does effect the amount of commsion on the booking. But so what?

Sorry, you must have been edtiting your post at the same time I posted.

I never met a cruise I didn't like.. :)

somehow this just sit well with me. You serve your country, CCL wants to acknowledge that by giving you a discount and she won't take the booking?

I'd take the CCL military discounted booking and every other booking to another agency.

That's a total slap in the face to our service men and women. :mad:

Bill

I cruise 2 or 3 times a year and am always looking

for the best deals I can get. My TA is just that. I am not

obligated to her and use her if she can get me a good price.

I travel alone with my wife or a group, as many as 5bvus loads

at one time.

I never met a cruise i didn,t like.

Agree with Redlef. You gave him three referrals. He said he'd pay $50 each. 3 x $50 = $150. What part of this math does the TA not understand. He paid you for his "advertising". It does not matter if he has that much margin in his transaction or not. I would just kindly tell him in a friendly matter that he owes you $150 and he needs to give you the credit on this cruise. He did make additional $'s on the others you sent him. Sounds like a TA that can't afford to stay in business so I would not use him again as he may financiall blow up at any time.

When you book with Carnival, they either fax or email an agent copy AND a client copy of the booking statement. If asked, he should give you the client copy and you can see your cruise price and know if he came down any off the price, thus giving you your promised referral bonus. I usually give my clients a copy or, at least, keep it in their file.

He might not be able to give it to you all at once but he should certainly start doling out some "$50" increments as was promised.

If he balks, take your business elsewhere.

Archived