83 yr old solo traveler-best excursions on Panama Canal cruise

pcann

My father is taking this cruise by himself 11/22/04 and I am trying to set up some fairly easy shore excursions for him to see the sights. I have read about Torgteguera Canal excursion and I will book that one for him. I need suggestions for Aruba, Half Moon Cay, Curacao and Panama. I would love to hear suggestions from others. Is it better for him to stay on the ship in Panama or maybe take the railroad tour? Any help for other ports?

:)

Panama - definitely have your father take the train trip - it is great. Did it and loved it. Lots of older people on this tour.

HMC - just go to the island, walk the beach, sit in the sun, if can swim - do so, have a drink if he is allowed, and enjoy the BBQ.

Aruba - the general tour around the island and then some shopping at the stores by the pier.

Curacao - the trolley tour. If his ship docks at the International pier - it is a long walk back and forth in the hot sun for an 83 year old man. And he won't know what pier he will be at until he gets there.

Costa Rico - agree that the Tortuguero Canals are great. We did it and loved it.

:)

Is the Half Moon Cay HAL's island stop? Do they offer the BBQ as part of the cruise price? He is not a water person so he may be interested in just going to the BBQ and then sitting around the beach. I would imagine it is not too hot in November there.

Archived