Aft cabins

There have been a number of threads about these cabins (some with pictures). Some people love them, some were not so crazy about them. They were not yet complete when we were on the PG in February 2006. I realize they are appointed nicely and have larger balconies. However, personally, I am not crazy about the location. It is directly over a dining venue and I question the privacy back there. Also, I remember someone complaining about less breeze on the balconies. Remember that during the usual 7-day itineraries, the PG is mostly cruising between the islands overnight. Each time we cruised, we had cabin 719 and were very happy.

Hello...

I've just booked an aft cabin on the PG for next year and I'm curious about the "new aft cabin" comment. I haven't been on the PG so I don't know the difference between the new and old. We usually book a larger cabin, midship, but I decided it would be fun to try aft with the larger balcony and seemingly more encompassing view. The idea of "lack of breeze" in the tropics isn't very appealing. Would someone please tell me if these balconies are more closed in or what would make them unappealing? I still have time to change cabins.

Thank you so much, in advance, for any insight you could give me.

Janed

Archived