The Dawn and Bermuda restaurant vouchers

ricruisers

As far as i know they stopped the program.This really stinks being we wanted to do the Dawn to Bermuda next year.I think were still going but will eat more on the ship than shore.If you look under the "ports of call-Bermuda"on this board you'll find more info.

Since the Dawn can only dock at King's Wharf at the far west end of Bermuda, most of the restaurants would be a good distance away. I suspect one of the reasons NCL dropped the plan was that many of the locations offered limited menu options and were hardly enthusiastic about cruise ship passengers. Bermuda restaurants are very expensive because almost everything has to be imported. If you want to spend extra money for dinner while in Bermuda, you might be better off dining at Cagney's or Le Bistro on the Dawn.

I just got off the Dawn today, we were offered NO restaurant vouchers. When on the Majesty two plus years back we were give the vouchers, I was on the Spirit in Aug, and as I said just got off the Dawn today, NO restaurant vouchers.

I've been hearing that NCL will be offering this program again this year (I believe only on the Majesty and Crown) but haven't got all the details worked out yet -- I hope so!

Gosh, I sure hope you're right. I was really looking forward to trying that out. :)

The one day Bermuda stops (Spirit/Dawn) never offered the vouchers. Only the 7 day Bermuda cruises of Majesty/Crown (don't know about the old Sea) offered them. Hope the program comes back later this season!

The vouchers were offered on the Sea. What a great ship that was!

I think NCL has discontinued the program. I am almost certain it is about economics. The Dine Ashore program with the $5 and $10 cost of a voucher for a lunch value of $25 or dinner value of $50 was great for us passengers.

I would think NCL would have "taken the hit" for the cost difference, certainly the restaurants in Bermuda were not going to give us a $25 lunch for $5. Even if NCL and the Bermuda restaurants shared the cost, there had to have been some economic benefit for the program to continue.

Example, you pay $5, have a wonderful lunch in Bermuda; you enjoy it so much, you eat lunch in another or same restaurant at full price; Bermuda wins. I don't think many people or at least the number of people Bermuda would have liked or needed to do that, did eat in other restaurants.

I looked at the program as advertising. If there is not ROI, return on investment, a company is not going to spend its money.

From the number of comments on the board, I would say NCL and Bermuda made the right BUSINESS decision. Most all comments have said, oh, too bad they discontinued the program, I wanted to have lunch at XYZ.

I am leaving on the Majesty today, and even though there is not the Dine Ashore program, DH and I will have several meals in Bermuda restaurants. It's a nice change from the ship, a chance to sample the local culture through its food and good for Bermuda economy. Not that Bermuda's economy is in bad shape!:)

Happy Cruising, Kathy

Archived