DAWN AC Suite (Forward)- how open is it?

talenka

Hi All!

I have a question regarding suites on forward location. Looking at the pictures it seems the balconies are open to public view. We have an anniversary to celebrate and therefore splurge on a suite. Originally we booked AE on the aft, with wraparound balconie. Today the agent called and said we could upgrade to AC for less money than usual. While a balconie is twice larger on AE, I am concerned if it is visible from above. Please, advise!

Hi All!

I have a question regarding suites on forward location. Looking at the pictures it seems the balconies are open to public view. We have an anniversary to celebrate and therefore splurge on a suite. Originally we booked AE on the aft, with wraparound balconie. Today the agent called and said we could upgrade to AC for less money than usual. While a balconie is twice larger on AE, I am concerned if it is visible from above. Please, advise!

Which suite number on the AC? (regarding privacy)

AC is fwd., more wind than the AE when sailing.

Many passengers claim that you utilize the balcony more at the aft., as less wind. Haven't sailed aft yet.

I'm sure you'll receive more replies.

Have a great cruise:)

Hi All!

We had 9002 on the Dawn and loved it. The difference between deck 9 AC's and deck 10 is that the balconies are bigger on deck 9 but the cabins are smaller. It's the reverse on deck 10. On deck 9, there is an overhang over part of the balcony but it still is pretty open.

It is also quite windy so if you already have an AE with a wraparound, you may want to stay there. Same amenities so it's just a matter of a bigger balcony and aft vs forward.

I had an AC on the Dawn last year. If I remember correctly 10500. It was not visiable from above. BTW the only above is the bridge - ships officers.

There is a bulge on the Dawn and the two cabins in the middle on decks 9 and 10 are not visable from above. In any case, only the ships officers can see the balconies on the other cabins.

Enjoy the forward viewing areas, the view is great. The balconies are very large. The wind is not too bad if you are on your lounge - there is a wind breaker in the front.

We've sailed in cabin 10000 twice. Lovely room space with huge windows. It's midship, directly under the "bump out" from the bridge so it is partially covered by that. Only towards the balcony door is really visible from the bridge.

One issue of privacy is that the dividers between the balconys "slopes" at about a 45 degree angle, so you can see your neighbors very easily (and they can see you). Anyone on deck 10 can see down to all the other forward balconies as well once you stand up.

Hi All!

Keep your bathing suits on & you'll be okay:) . The officers can see all the balconies from the bridge. We got a tour of the bridge on our last cruise and you can see from there.

The wind was a problem on one day and the Captain had our loungers removed (for safety) from our balconies for a while We did an 11 day last January in an AD (stern) and will be doing another 11 day this January, but in an AC. We wanted the bigger balcony for the next cruise.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

The center ACs have an overhang so you do have an area of privacy from the bridge, and also shelter if there is rain.

I would be leery of the outside ACs (closer to the AAs) as there is really no privacy at all on the balcony from the bridge.

The center ACs also IIRC have bigger cabins and slightly smaller balconies - but the balconies are still huge.

This is a highly informative thread on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=244008

We loved our AC on the Dawn (9002). Balcony was beautiful, room even more incredible, butler and concierge service! We sailed out of NYC at the end of October in this suite. We really couldn't use the balcony on the first and last sea days, but the rest of the time, we really enjoyed it!

We loved our AC on the Dawn (9002). Balcony was beautiful, room even more incredible, butler and concierge service! We sailed out of NYC at the end of October in this suite. We really couldn't use the balcony on the first and last sea days, but the rest of the time, we really enjoyed it!

Hey Peggy......you look different..:D

We were in that suite a couple of weeks before you, 9/11/05-9/18/05. We loved it! Hope we kept it in good enough condition for you!

Hi Rich! Well, you've got the Yankees, so I've got the other side...;) BTW, Joe was IMPOSSIBLE to live with last night! Ugh, if I hear "New York, New York" one more time...

Harleycat: I WISH we were sailing in that suite soon! Unfortunately, prices have gone so far out of sight that we've been forced to defect to HAL...:rolleyes:

My pal Joe.....:D ...

We'll take our AE anytime...Yes it has a smaller balcony, but no wind, same cabin size as the AC and less $$$ with the same perks. If you get one on deck 8 on the Dawn its just one flight of stairs to the Blue Lagoon...:D :D :D

Archived