Food questions

vfb2girls

We are sailing out of Whittier to Vancouver on the Spirit and I have a few food questions. Does the buffet on the Lido deck have soup? I saw that the dining room does offer soup but just wondering about the buffet area. And I also noticed that on the menu it states that diet or low fat dressings are offered, can anyone tell me what kind they have? I would rather find out now and just request them quietly at the table instead of having the waiter rattle off my choices and receive eyes rolls from some, mostly my husband! Since I joined WW's I drive him nuts with the way I question and order all my food.

But then he isn't complaining about the fact that I went from a size 14 to a size 6! Thanks for any suggestions and please be nice.;)

Don't worry about asking for the lf dressing each time - once you have ordered a time or two, the waiter remembers what you prefer! I'm sorry, I don't remember about the soup!

I ask for Balsamic Vinaigrette for salads and some ships bring plan vinager and some bring balsamic. Waiters sometimes are not as good as others with English. I'm a freek with healthy foods and have had alot of experiences on cruises dealing with these foods. They might have some light dressings but not sure about soup on Lido. Let your waiter know how you eat healthy and hope you get good service.:D

If your not to picky at eating there is no reasons someone should be bothered by you eating healthy. Congradulations with size 6.

I don't know about the Spirit, but on her sister ship, Pride, they certainly had soup every day at the Asian station on the Lido. They probably had other soup too in other stations of the buffet, but I just didn't look for it.

Congratulations on the weight loss. There are lot's of healthy choices available - but lots to tempt you also.;)

Have a great trip.

Thanks for the suggestions. Being that it is an Alaskan cruise I am glad to hear there will be soup, I just can't take being cold. Also it is good to know there are healthier alternatives with the food selections. And I know I will probably stray some but don't plan on going wild.

Thanks for the suggestions. Being that it is an Alaskan cruise I am glad to hear there will be soup, I just can't take being cold. Also it is good to know there are healthier alternatives with the food selections. And I know I will probably stray some but don't plan on going wild.

Congratulations! I've been in WW for 16 weeks now and have also made amazing progress.

Please let us know how you did, when you get back! I'm on the same cruise in late August, so I'm very interested in what you find to stay on program.

Good luck, and have fun!

Linda

I've been on both the Spirit and a sister ship, the Legend. There will be soup at the Lido Deck buffet. An Asian soup for certain, plus they will sometimes have a soup associated with the Taste of the Nations section. We're on the Spirit 11/30 for a Mex. Riviera cruise and can't wait.

Great job on the weight loss!

Archived